20; He Knows

I knew from the start, today was going to be a pretty shitty day. So far, I've been correct.

It started out that I had been woken up. I was angry until I realized I was alone. So, waking up to see where Mason was going, I found that he was not the one in my room. Instead, it had been one of the pack members and she was only there to collect some clothes. 

When I had confronted her, she had said something along the lines of, Mason was going to kill her for waking me up, sorry, and that she would be leaving. 

It's not like I had slept in a few minutes late or anything. I had slept in for about two hours. Mason didn't wake me up and I didn't notice he had left. I guess that's not too bad because I was covered in blankets. When I had woke up, it felt like there was a werewolf in there. 

So when I had actually got out of my bed, a crack of thunder caused a shutter to ripple through me. I walked out to the big window in the room to see that it had been pouring probably all day. 

The only good thing about this day, was that I got to see Mason, shirtless, in the rain. From what I could see, he was frustrated and kept running hands through his hair, making it stand but only fall back down in a few seconds. 

I can't believe he's making them train in this weather. The motherly side of my was sprouting and she didn't like that her "children" were outside in the rain. They were going to get sick!

I took a quick shower and changed into some yoga shorts and a hoodie. I put my hair up and looked in the mirror. 

I looked better than yesterday. My eyes were brighter and I had put some lotion, making me seem clear and bright. I just felt good today.

I walked down stairs and everyone greeted me. I smiled and talked to some of them. I had found the woman who had woke me up and told her not to worry about her Alpha.

But, when I walked outside, all hell broke loose. 

What I remember most is Mason rushing to me, asking what I was doing. I was more than confused.

"I'm going outside, what does it look like I'm doing?"

"Do you not see it out there?" He was angry. At me.

"Uh, you have the pack out there, hell, you're out there! Why can't I be out there?"

He didn't know how to answer that and just got more angry by the second. Others were scurrying away in fear but I just turned my nose up and put on a strong face. 

"Who woke her up!" He yelled out in anger.

"Hey! Don't worry about it!"

We ran out of things to say. I was in an intense stare-down with Mason. 

He broke away and looked up and to his right. He let out a gust of wind. 

"I don't want you out there. You're only going to hurt yourself." He said in a more calm but menacingly mean voice.

"Are you saying I can't protect myself?"

I thought he would've took it as a rhetorical question but he answered, "Yes. You might be a slayer but no one knows your potential or what you can do. You could hurt yourself or others."

"All the more reason to let me go out there." I replied with, crossing my arms. 

"No, dammit! Cassadee, no one wants you out there!"

That was it. I don't remember looking around, but I remember seeing all their faces. I couldn't take another second before I ran back up to my room, locked the door, andplopped under all the blankets again.