24; Fishing

News spread quickly. I wasn't even around any media, and I knew something was happening.

Noah's car, that I had ditched for a minivan a few hundred thousand miles ago, went berserk after I had sent that message. It's been two days.

At first it was the phone that went off. I sent it immediately to voice mail. After a few more, I got messages like,

What have you done to Noah?

Where are you going?

Come back!

This is a huge mistake.

I'm going to kill you.

I was waiting for more, finding them slightly humorous. I was a little confident.

Confidence, arrogance whatever you want to call it. Well, I knew there was a reason why I had never been arrogant. It's because whenever I try, something bad always happens to me.

Like now, flashing lights were found in the rear-view mirror.

I flushed the anxiety away. I pulled over and sighed, not ready to face this cop.

He wasn't bad looking. I quickly slid off my shirt, leaving me in a tank top. I pulled it down, not giving much to imagine here. Emily would be so proud...

"Is there a problem, officer?"

I called out, blinking and biting my lip seductively. I internally laughed when he in took a shaky breath, clearly uncomfortable with this situation.

"Ma'am, do you know how fast you were going?"

"I don't. I'm sorry if I caused any inconvenience. I didn't mean too..." I put fake emotion out on my hook.

He was biting.

He leaned forward on the car, hands on the hood. He wanted to play...

"So, what do you suppose we do about that?"

He smirked, which caused my stomach to turn and want to claw out of me. I covered my emotions, like Ammon had taught me. Fear is one of the worst things to show a person. This guy couldn't see through my thick brick wall.

I giggled, "I don't know. But, right now I'm in a sort of hurry. I'd love to come by and check you out some time..."

He looked at me up and down. Well, more like down my shirt. I moved, exposing more of myself. I was putting it out there.

Hooked.

His smirk didn't fade as he took out some paper, scribbling something on it.

"Well, miss, I'm sure you can come by around eight tonight. I'm going to have to teach you some laws..."

Ew.

Who even says that?

A creepy officer who I really wanted to hurt right now. He should be ashamed for giving up that quickly. I wasn't complaining too much but I wasn't expecting it to be this easy.

I made a moaning noise, sounding nothing like the noises I've ever made. I took the paper, my fingers lingering on his for a slight moment.

Reeled him in. First catch of the day.

Unexpecting is the right word for what was happening. He slowly turned around, me watching from my mirror. I gave him a wink but he wasn't buying it right now. I wasn't sure if my exterior was strong enough because a stomped his way back to the car.

"What's your name?" He asked, a deep frown on his face.

Quick, think.

"Quinn," I answered. It sounded good to me.