22; Back To Them

Inspiration hit me like a ton of bricks. Hard, all at once, but it still felt like it was there and I had to push myself into it. 

I've been out here for a few good hours. It was pitch black but I knew it wouldn't last too long. All this time and space, it's finally given me time to think. Like, to have my own thoughts and opinions without any pressure. It was all on me and I was thankful for the moment. 

Here's the things I knew: Ammon and my father were after me. I wanted nothing more than to go home and cuddle up to Mason, even though I'm still not very happy with him. There weren't many vampires in the area but when I felt a few, I ran off. I didn't have anything to defend myself with. Hell, I didn't even have shoes on!

Here's my question to self, what should I do?

That's what's been running through my mind like no other. 

If I stayed here, my father might get me. Or he could not wander into the woods because it's dangerous. I could like live here.

If I went to go and try to find out where I was, chances are I would spot Ammon or my father.  But, if I'm in public, they can't do anything, right?

If I do even get to the pack house, what will Ammon and my father do? Would they give up? I don't know but I do know that I won't be allowed out of the house, knowing they want me. 

Mason's probably throwing a fit. I don't blame him this time. It seems every time I try to space myself out, I put miles between us.  It's not like I meant to do this. 

Mason literally drives me crazy. I'm not sure what's gotten into him the fast few days but he's been...funny. Not right. I wasn't sure if I did something or not. I couldn't recall anything except stealing some of his food.  

There was not going back now. I staled the outsides of the trees, suburban houses lined up just on the other side. 

With my vampire slayer stealth and speed, I was at the back window of a two-storyed house in no time. All of the lights were off and a few windows were open. Surprisingly enough, it wasn't that hard to get in the house. 

I took what I needed. A pair of shoes, some heavier clothing, and some food. I put it in a bag I found before leaving like I was never there. 

I made my way back into the trees. I didn't go too far in case someone was to find me but far enough that people wouldn't see me from their houses. I climbed up a thick tree, using my hands and feet and slayer senses.

That's another thing that resulted from me being alone, I felt more capable. I felt like I knew what I was doing and what I couldn't do.  I was more in-tune to myself. I felt a bit more complete.

Complete wasn't the right word, because a huge part of me wasn't here. I didn't have anyone. My siblings, my pack, or my mate. I was alone. Not complete...

So, I stayed that night in a tree. Hunger exploded in my stomach but there wasn't much to do about that. Where could I go that was safe?

I had no clue.

I didn't know what to do.

Who to trust.

Where to go.

It seemed that everywhere I go, I only bring bad things. 

I had to change something. 

I wasn't sure how I planned to fulfill that last one but I knew I had to do it alone.  I had to have enough power and be independent enough to do this on my own. That's part of being the slayer, right?

Well, I didn't really have anything to compare it to.  

I wish someone had made a documentary of a previous slayer. Tell me all that they did wrong. Tell me how they died and how I wouldn't. Give me something. Some information or advice. 

Words of encouragement would've been accepted at this point. 

Sleep didn't come easy but it came enough to get up when the sun came back up. 

A thought crossed my mind..

Who would have something like slayer diary?

That thought alone was enough inspiration for me to pick up everything I had stolen and go find some money. I needed enough to pay for transportation all the way to somewhere.

Somewhere where someone might be able to help me. 

The only people who thought they knew everything.

The only people who had control over all super natural beings of protection. 

The freaking counsil.