2; First Time

Friday came by quicker than expected. The rest of the week went smoothly and usual. Everyone did as they were supposed to do, and life was as good as it gets here. 

"Emily, I'm not sure. Patrick shouldn't have to watch two  kids. It's not fair to him."

The phone was pressed up against my ear and shoulder. 

"Yeah, but he's already talked to Damon about it and they have plans. They will be okay. Please?"

I sighed. I guess if Damon agreed than he thought it was okay. Should I seriously do this? I would worry less if Damon was there. Taylor, Emily's daughter, would like to hang out with all three of them. 

"Fine.  I'll be at your house after work. Please try not to make me look too bad."

She cheered. "Thank you! I promise you'll like a hundred bucks. And, if you throw up, I'll hold your hair."

"Ha, ha. If I throw up you'll be taking me home." I smiled as I slowly and gentley put Manny in his crib. 

"Okay, I'll let you go. Get some sleep for tomorrow."

"Thanks, Em. I'll talk to you tomorrow. "

We said our goodbyes. 

All was good in the Santana house. My dad was sleeping in his room, Damon was playing the Xbox in his room and talking to his friends, and Manny was sleeping. My hair was drying from the shower I had taken earlier and I was in shorts and a tank-top. I sat down on the couch and took a long breath. It felt so nice just to breathe and not have to worry about anything really. 

My eyes draped down and before I knew it, I was fast asleep. 

I woke up in my bed. I had been thrown on top of and I knew who did it. Damon. He never likes me sleeping on the couch because my dad wakes up first in the morning. My room is the last one on thee left and Manny's is right across. Damon separates me from my father. He likes to play the big brother even though I'm older. He's bigger. Like a foot bigger and weighs a lot more. 

My hair was dried and wavy. I let it hang, walking to Manny's room. 

The light streaming in would have woken him up, but he wasn't there. I looked around and nothing was to be found. I frowned and walked into the kitchen. 

Wow.

"Surprise!" I small group of people sat in the kitchen.  Emily and her family, Makani and his family, and Damon with a few of his friends. Manny was in a high seat and sleeping like a bear.

"Thanks, guys. Wow. "

I walked in and greeted everyone. I started to talk to them and was more than excited when I heard Mel gave Emily and I the day off. 

Everyone left and soon it was only Emily's family and Damon and his friends. Manny was now awake and in my arms. I had eaten and they had bought me a cake. I was more than happy. I wasn't too big into parties because I hate attention. This, this though was nice. It was almost everyone I knew and was more than comfortable around them. 

"Now, let me do your hair and pick out clothes." Emily said, dragging me into my room.

"Aunt Cassie, I can take Manny." Taylor said, holding her hands how we taught her to.

I slowly passed the baby into her hands, Patrick behind her now. She took him and walked slowly to the couch. Once she passed Manny to Patrick, she sat down and replaced her hands. I now left to go find Emily, who was going to be doing my hair and stuff.