14; Nothing's Ever Enough

The beautiful woman who had been talking to me, set her cup down and sighed, rubbing her hands on her long skirt. Her hair was pinned up to perfection and was the hair of a working mother. This woman did not have a name but I referred to her as my helper. 

She said no words to me but communicated. She gave me a smile as I watched her face slowly turn to dust and flow with the wind. 

I didn't want her to go. I knew once she was gone, I would have to wake up to the world of reality. 

I could feel myself reach out to her. She still held the smile until h=that too, was gone in the wind. 

I opened my eyes and I knew what was happening. She told me.  I turned to someone who had been holding my hand. I smiled but felt the tears come down. I got up but made him let my hand go. He snored quietly. I blew him one last kiss, before sneaking out of my room.

There were doctors everywhere. I slid behind the door and took a breath. I grabbed my jacket that had been waiting for me. I slid it on with my hood and slid out of the door.  With my head down, my hood up, and my casual pace, I continued to walk out. No one paid a second glance to me who had been in bloody, ripped, and stained clothes. No one seemed to care. 

I made it outside and I only knew one place to go. I didn't want to go to a place where I felt safe because in all reality, I'm never safe.  I started to walk to my house. 

It took me a while. I mean, I'm a mile or two away from the hospital. 

My house was vacant. There was no one and it seemed like Damon and Manny moved out. I walked into my room and it looked as if someone was in it. I frowned and decided to shower to get the blood off.

It stung. The warm water ran over my fresh wounds and I could finally see all my bruises, cuts, and scrapes. I hated the feeling and was tired.  I put on baggy everything, put my hair in a wet bun, and grabbed my shoes. I packed some clothes and was already out the door.  I didn't want to stay in a vacant house. 

Again walking down town to the second place I knew I should go. I finally let my brain guards down and thought.

Mason. I knew I should go to him.  I wanted to. But, the other part of me, knew I shouldn't burden him with a girl with a dangerous job. I can't lie to him. He deserves so much better than a girl with no future. 

I got to the place I knew I would be staying. I knocked and I knew I would be taken. 

"Cassadee, come on in,"

I walked into Ammon's little place. I closed the door and sniffed the tears back. "May I stay here for a while?"

"Of course!"  Ammon took my to a small room that looked like a large closet. It had a bed that took up most of the space. It had a few other things but the room was full.  "I'll let you get settled in."

This was my life now. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waking up to find your world gone feels like shit. I, once again, let her slip through my fingers. I called the pack. This was unacceptable. She was no where to be found. Her phone was lost in the crash, her brother didn't know where she was, and no one was at her home currently. 

I, as the Alpha, was equally as confused as everyone else. But, being alpha, I get special things. Like, every single security camera in the whole town. 

"Erik, are those tapes set up for me?" I asked, from my file cabinet.

"It's all ready." 

I walked over to my desk and pressed play. My heart leaped when I saw my mate walk out, her hood up and blood staining her. I was just happy to see her. She was walking nonchalantly out of the hospital, receiving no attention. 

Erik switched the tapes, continuing to watch where she had went. She started off in the direction on her house. There's no cameras over there but I had inferred. 

Erik put in more tapes, telling me to watch all of them. I growled but listened. 

Cassadee was walking in a bad part of town. She had a bag on her shoulders, a blank look on her face, and dressed like she had nothing to do. She disappeared down an alley. 

"I want three searches down there now."

"I already did. There's nothing there but streets. It's like she disappeared."

My world. yeah, I knew she disappeared alright. 

Life stayed like this for weeks. Weeks turned to months. I learned that my friend was Manny and Damon and I didn't get along. I was depressed. I could tell the pack hated seeing me like this. They had tried everything but one thing. Finding me another mate.

For that, I was grateful.

I had been lacking in my duties and I know it. What's my excuse? I'm sure everyone would understand if I said my world was gone. 

 Maybe she won't come back? Should I give up? Should I kill myself?

No. That's not what Cassadee would do. Cassie would want me to be strong and find her. She would want me to take care of her brothers.  She would want to watch Manny say his first words and help him through everything. She would want her family safe. I would make it up to her.

I had to do something.