9) Crazy

I had to leave early in the morning and I went straight to work. I had begged Emily to bring me a change of clothes. Let me tell you, working on an empty stomach, when your a waitress, sucks! I'm starving and tired. I just wanna crash into a bed of food, preferably mashed potatoes.

I passed out another plate and went to the table that was occupied by someone who seemed important.  he was dressed in a suite, with fancy shoes that instantly bugged me. They were too shiny and he caught attention, well mine at least. He had his hair combed over but it looked alright on him because he was older, I would say forty.  He had glasses, larger than his eyes and they made his eyes bigger. He had shaven this morning and he looked clean. 

"Good afternoon, sir, my name is Cassie. May I get you something to drink?"

His eyes instantly lit and he looked excited. He cleared his voice before answering,

"Uh, yes, Cassie, I would like a coffee. Cream only."

I nodded and walked back to the kitchen and bar area. I looked back to see him staring back at me. I hurried up and went back tog et his coffee. Emily was getting some as well.

"Hey, switch tables with me. That guy is creeping me out and honestly is scary."

She frowned and looked back to him.

"He looks nice and business-like. Fine, you got table seven with the four kids." She smiled before taking the cup out of my hand. I groaned before walking back over to the table.

The rest of work was uneventful and honestly, I just wanted today to be over with. but, as usual, I didn't get what I asked for. 

"I'll see you tomorrow, Em. Tell everyone I said hi."

"Kay, same."

I gave her a hug before hopping in my car, going to pick Manny up from daycare. I owed Emily. She honestly lived my life for a day while I spent mine with Mason, who I actually missed my whole day.

It didn't take me long to pick Manny up and I was thankful for his sleepy state. I slipped him in the car seat and drove home in the dark. Damon was out with a girl tonight and I was hoping it went well. I was nervous for him. He usually doesn't do these sort of things and I'm not sure what made him start now. I mean, I knew he liked girls and everything but a date! It must be pretty serious...

I pulled in the driveway and frowned when the beat up car was missing. My father hasn't been home in a while and it's starting to worry me. I mean, he doesn't come home every night but it's weird not seeing him at all this week. 

Once Manny was in bed, the kitchen was clean, and everything was picked up, I sat on the couch. I was really excited for Damon and I wanted to know how it was going. Well, with it being ten, I was thinking it was going pretty well. 

I wonder where he took her. I hope he didn't do something stupid like dinner and a movie. I wonder is he got romantic and did something like a picnic. Did he go over her house?

What's her name? How old is she? Does she like cheese? What's her family like?

Questions about my younger brother got me more wound up. Yep, I was staying up. 

My mind went blank and I wanted to fill it with something that wouldn't drive me crazy and once again, I never do that.

Mason. He, indeed, drove me crazy. The way he kissed me when we had to leave each other. It was like it hurt him to be away from me and that hurt me. An emptiness filled my heart.  I got up and filled a glass of water, needing something to take my mind off Mason. Nothing ever seemed to work out for me. 

What do normal girls think? That their man is cheating on them. Mason wouldn't do that but some other girl would. The near thought made the glass shatter from my hand. I winced and screamed out as the glass sliced my hand open. 

I ran to the bathroom where the first aid is kept. I wasn't sure on how to do it but I took some guaze and pressed firmly on the long cut. I grabbed more and decided it was okay enough to go sit back down. 

I glanced at the clock. It was eleven. Did this girl have a time she needed to be home? Is Damon on his way home?

My question was answered two hours later. I woke up to it but at least I heard him slam the door. 

I jumped up and woke up instantly. I felt like he was my best friend and I wanted all the details.

"So?" I asked.

He was happy. That was something I haven't seen in a while and it made me happy but sad. I mean, I love that he's happy but I could never make him do that. I mean, look where he's living. He doesn't have a reason to be happy here. He doesn't even like me anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if he said nothing to me and walked away. 

"It was... awesome, amazing, and everything I've ever wanted."

"That's awesome! Come here, I want to know everything!" I screamed and sat back down where I felt him come.

He told me. He took her to an amusement park. Maggie was scared but loved it. He told me all about how she grabbed his hand and ran with him all around the park. I was happy we got this far but he kept going. He took her to get food and how they ended up having a food fight. I hear she has an amazing laugh and how it makes him melt. I also heard about how he felt when she gave him a kiss of his cheek. Oh, teenager love is so cute. 

"But, she wants me at her house, tomorrow for dinner and I don't know what to wear. She said to look nice."

"I can help. But, tonight I need some sleep." I gave him a kiss on his head, happy that he had an amazing time.

"Oh, and why's there gauze on your hand?" Damon asked, observing the red guaze.

"I cut my hand really bad actually." I frowned and pressed it harder.

He pulled it over to him and ripped the gauze off. I winced but realized... it didn't hurt? Nothing was there? 

My hand was bear but held a small cut. Damon scoffed. My cut that had been three inches is now half an inch. I looked at in amazement. I gasped! This was... unbelievable.

"That's impossible." I whispered.

Damon about died from laughter. He was laughing so hard that it lasted when he went to his bedroom. I frowned, still trying to figure out how this worked.

Well, maybe I imagined it. Maybe I was too tired to realize that it really wasn't that big. Maybe it was tha blood that came of of the small cut. Or, maybe I was going crazy.