[49]

////Chapter 49////

6:30 am.

That was the time Mina saw when she groggily glanced up at the clock. Her body was laying comfortably on the couch and she was, at first, confused as to how her favourite blanket was draped over and her desired pillow sat under her head. Mina used her free hand to rub away the daze her eyes were in; getting rid of that morning wake. She lowly groaned and when she glanced at her hand, her eyebrows furrowed.

In her left hand held another, slight weight hanging onto it. Mina smiled slightly, instantly knowing who the culprit was. Mina peered over the couch and saw Chaeyoung lying on the floor, a thin blanket underneath her to eliminate most of the cold temperature. The sight was adorable, however, Mina felt guilty. She pouted slightly when she saw Chaeyoung shiver.

Mina stood up carefully, subtly slipping away from Chaeyoung's loose hold. The former skillfully jumped off the couch and grabbed her blanket. She crouched in front of Chaeyoung, a faint smile growing across her cheeks. Cautiously, Mina tucked away a strand of hair behind Chaeyoung's semi long hair. Ah, her short hair is growing. Mina chuckled when Chaeyoung's face scrunched up at the light contact.

"Sleep well." Mina whispered, draping her blanket over Chaeyoung's body. She sighed, standing up from her position.

Now, Mina would love to carry Chaeyoung and place her on the couch, but Chaeyoung's kind of a light sleeper. In other words, when Mina attempts at moving Chaeyoung, the younger girl would probably wake up and instantly question what she's doing; this will lead to Mina being teased by her cub, which Mina wants to avoid. Mina just hoped that the blanket would be enough to keep Chaeyoung warm.

Mina yawned, grabbing her phone and glancing it. A miss call from Sana? Curious, she tapped the notification, which sent her straight into a call. It was an hour ago, meaning it was around 5:30 am, which is odd considering Sana doesn't wake up that early - Sana's definition of early is 10:00 am.

"Hello?"

"Mina!"

"Is everything ok? You don't usually call this early in the morning." Mina grumbled, clearing her throat quietly to get rid of her morning voice. Chaeyoung once said it was attractive and sexy -which made Mina into a stuttering mess- but Mina still dislikd it.

"Yeah well it's about my eyes. This is super important, and I need your help."

Mina hummed, sitting on one of the dining chairs nearby. She crossed her arms and stared at the rising sun. "Ok? What happened to your eyes and how can I help?" It's not that Mina wasn't worried, however, Sana was one to over exaggerate and jump to conclusions so Mina didn't want to enter panic mode just yet.

"How do I erase something horrible out of my memories?"

"Something horrible? What do you mean...?" Just as Mina was about to ask the meaning behind Sana's question, Chaeyoung's groggy voice had interrupted her.

"You can't! Just tease Nayeon and Jeongyeon!" Chaeyoung spoke, her voice slightly muffled by the blanket. Sana gasped at the newly found voice before she broke into pretend sobs. Mina sighed, she looked up and saw Chaeyoung sitting up, her hair a little messy. "I feel bad for you Sana." Chaeyoung laughed, standing up and approaching Mina.

Sana whined over the phone, her distress was obvious and the two couldn't really do anything about that. "By the way Chaeng?"

"Hm."

"How'd you know it was Nayeon and Jeongyeon?" Mina looked up at Chaeyoung, her eyes filled with anticipation. The latter grabbed a glass of water, chugging it down before leaning into the phone.