[19]

////Chapter 19////

Seungwoo grunted, rubbing his back considering it hit the chair beside him. His glass of alcohol was on the floor, the glass everywhere. Everyone stayed quiet, staring at both Chaeyoung and Seungwoo. Mina was shocked, for the first time, Chaeyoung was angry. She could see the obvious anger in her eyes.

Before anyone else can say anything, Jeongyeon stood up, "Chaeyoung, take Mina out of here and bring her home. We-We took it to far, I'm sorry." She sighed, looking at the arrogant senior on the floor, who was only grunting in pain.

Chaeyoung grabbed Mina's hand, their fingers intertwining, "You shouldn't be saying sorry. He should." She scowled before leaving the café with Mina by her side.

Seungwoo clicked his tongue, slowly getting up with the help of his friends. "You idiot." Seungwoo's sister slapped his arm, the former hissing as she did so. Sana shook her head at the boy, disappointed that a senior would act like that with a freshman.

~

They got far enough, to the point that Mina could only see the building as a small box. She glanced at their hands, perfectly molded as their fingers were intertwined. They soon stopped, Chaeyoung's feet going to a stop. The latter turned around, her eyes weren't very expressive.

"The way you looked made it obvious to me that your tolerance to alcohol is weak, why did you drink?" Chaeyoung sighed, her body approaching Mina's.

"I thought I could handle it, but I was wrong." Mina muttered, earning groan from Chaeyoung.

"You should've told me the truth! If it weren't for me, you would've felt sick." Chaeyoung scolded her and Mina felt as if she was younger than the cub who was currently frustrated.

"Sorry." Mina mumbled, she looked at Chaeyoung who only sighed. As Mina looked down, feeling a little embarassed considering Chaeyoung was scolding her for a mistake. She heard the tiger move but she thought nothing of it.

Until she felt something warm and soft drape over her shoulders. Mina looked up slowly and saw Chaeyoung's arms on both sides of her head. Her brown jacket now draped on Mina's, the cold breeze of the air wasn't as effective anymore, "Does that feel better?" Chaeyoung spoke, her voice was soft and so was her expression.

Mina looked away, "Thank you." She shyly glanced at Chaeyoung who distanced herself after she confirmed that the jacket sat comfortably on Mina's shoulders.

After a couple of minutes of just standing still, Chaeyoung breathed in, looking away form Mina's gaze with guilt visible in her eyes, "I'm sorry." Mina was taken back, she was confused. Why the sudden apology?

"Huh?"

"Yesterday, at the café. I shouldn't have gotten mad at you. It's your choice anyways, I shouldn't have acted controlling. I'm sorry." Chaeyoung cleared her throat, looking back at Mina with sincerity in her eyes.

Unconsciously, Mina's hand reached out to Chaeyoung's forearm, placing her palm onto the tigers skin. The latter looked at her hand before giving eye contact, Mina smiled softly, "You shouldn't apologize. You were just looking out for me, thanks for that." The words that was let out by her soft dulcet voice gave Chaeyoung a sense of comfort.

Chaeyoung smiled and for some odd reason, Mina felt at ease when she saw the dimple appear once more. "We shou-Mina!" She shouted, before the foreigner could even react, Mina felt herself getting pulled forward, away from the very edge of the sidewalk. Everything happened so fast but all she heard was gasps. The sound of a splash of water reaching her ears. Mina saw a glimpse of little droplets of water coming her way but none had gotten her wet.

Mina was pulled into a hug. Arms wrapped around her slim body in a protective manner like she was being shielded from whatever came. Her eyes widened, looking up only to see Chaeyoung's closed eyes as if bracing for impact. After a few minutes, Mina felt the warmth of Chaeyoung's arms fade as she let go, "Chaeyoung! Are you ok?" She was concerned.

Chaeyoung was drenched in water. Her whole back side was wet due to the water that splashed onto her when a car passed by, running over a deep puddle. "W-Why did you do that? Now you're soaked in water!"

The tiger let out a shaky breath, her shoulders shaking as a breeze passed by. Chaeyoung subtly glanced at Mina, "You're wearing white. If you were splashed, your shirt will-" She shivered, "-be see through."

Mina's eyes widened, her hand clutching onto the brown coat that Chaeyoung gave her. She really does care about me, huh. Mina looked up as she sees Chaeyoung embracing herself from the cold considering it must've been worst for her since she was drenched with freezing water. "I-I'll drop you off." Chaeyoung stuttered, her jaw clenched and her fingers shaking.

"Wait." Mina called out, slowly taking the jacket off of her shoulders.

"What are you doing?" Chaeyoung muttered out, her voice holding this shakiness.

"Take your jacket. You'r-" Mina was cut off as Chaeyoung pushed her hand away, rejecting Mina's offer. She shook her head subtly, the tigers arms still embracing her own body.

"Chaeyoung take it. You'll get sick." Mina pushed, but the tiger refused.

"Keep it." Chaeyoung straightened her back, "Don't worry about me." She offered a faint smile, her hands slipped into her pockets of her pants. The back of her black shirt was dripping with water and people stared, probably confused.

"But Chae-" Mina was cut off as she sees Chaeyoung reach for her hand, intertwining their fingers together. Her ability to speak was no longer present as she looked into Chaeyoung's dark brown eyes.

"I'd rather get sick than you getting cold, Mina."

::

Thank you for reading this chapter! 🐧🐯