[41]

////Chapter 41////

Early morning lectures weren't the most favourable, especially when the night before was filled with movie watching and chatter. It was tiring for Mina and she felt like crawling back to her bed but she knew she couldn't do that. Considering exams were unfortunately close.

"Ugh, the professor is late." Mina grumbled, glancing at her watch. Her laptop was already out, so was her cup of coffee which was almost finished. By the time the lecture starts, it most likely will be empty, much to Mina's disappointment.

"Ah."

Mina turned her head, aware that a guy was sitting beside her. Huh, he looks familiar. She swore that his face wasn't completely unknown to her. A little uncomfortable, she moved a little further away and the guy took notice. He chuckled, a flirt like tone to his smirk, "I don't bite." He smiled.

Mina was about to answer, but a hand slammed down on the table between them, interrupting her. She looked up, and Mina couldn't help but chuckle. Of course she noticed.

"I do."

The guy jumped, abruptly standing up, "O-Oh! So-Sorry Chaeyoung.." He smiled nervously before running off to a different seat. One that was further back.

"You didn't have to scare him like that." Mina sighed. Chaeyoung playfully rolled his eyes, taking her seat as she placed her bag on top.

"Oh c'mon. He was flirting with you, what do you expect me to do? Just let him?" Chaeyoung grumbled, crossing her arms.

"No-" Mina glanced at Chaeyoung, "-I was expecting for a more civilized approach? Maybe not, I don't know, claiming that you'll beat him up?" She chuckled.

Chaeyoung gasped, dramatically, "I could never!" The cub smiled, goofily, "But he's friends with Seungwoo. It's no surprise that I don't like him."

Ah, so that's why he looked familiar.

"Anyways! I have a bit of a problem." Chaeyoung chuckled, leaning back on the chair. Mina glanced at the younger girl, who seemed more troubled than usual. "Nayeon and Jeongyeon got into a big fight."

"Isn't that normal for the two of them? They always bicker." Mina replied, now facing Chaeyoung. The latter hummed comparing their every day arguments to this current one and when she compared, there was no similarity at all.

"This one isn't normal. Nayeon pissed-" Chaeyoung sat up straight, her hands wailing as if trying to express her words, "-Like super pissed! She was almost ready to slap Jeongyeon in the face this morning."

Mina sighed, now she was worried. Those two bickering was as normal and usual as breathing but when they have an argument that is more than a casual altercation, then it's serious and it lasts for two weeks of ignoring each other. Worst case scenario would be a month. "Well what happened?"

Chaeyoung shrugged, "From what I can tell Nayeon was already in a pretty bad mood and Jeongyeon did something which pretty much set her off." She sighed, leaning back on her chair. Chaeyoung put her arms behind her back, her eyes closed.

Mina hummed, "I mean, that kind of makes sense? But Nayeon isn't really the type of person to be so angry over Jeongyeon annoying her." The japanese student thought hard, "I mean yeah Jeongyeon does annoy her at times but Nayeon's used to it by now."

Chaeyoung nodded in agreement, "That's the thing. Also why I'm a little concerned." The cub rubbed her temples, troubled, "Ah, I don't know what to do!"

Mina only chuckled, ruffling the younger girl's hair before finishing up whatever left notes she had to read. Chaeyoung knew better than to bother the girl so she just sat there, absorbing in the lecture room.

But of course, she was fully aware that Seungwoo's little friend group was still around. Lurking in the corners as they laughed and chuckled, the boy who approached Mina beforehand just kept staring at Mina. Non-stop. Chaeyoung didn't want to act possessive and she also didn't want to admit to her little jealousy.

So what's better than to just stare at the guy back. He didn't seem to notice so Chaeyoung didn't stop. Ultimately, she was annoyed. This was expected to happen, after what had happen with Seungwoo and Mina, it's no surprise the latter earned more attention recently.

Ah, why does he keep staring at her like that? Does he think she's single or something?

"Chaeyoung, if you keep glaring holes into that guy, you'll end up killing him." Mina interfered, though her eyes were still diverted to her notebook.

The younger girl chuckled nervously, unaware that Mina had just caught her staring at Seungwoo's friend. "How about we meet at your house tomorrow morning to plan?" Chaeyoung suggested, a smile on her face. It was almost childlike as well.

Mina raised an eyebrow, "My house again? Why always mine!" She protested though in reality, Mina didn't mind Chaeyoung coming over to her house. In fact, her house feels much more alive when the cub is there. In other words, Mina loves it when Chaeyoung just happens to hang out at her place, it's fun. No, not in that way.

"Why not?" Chaeyoung chuckled. Mina rolled her eyes playfully, not bothering to reiterate. Although her house is a bit messy, and even though she hopes to clean it when she gets back home, Mina was sure that Chaeyoung wouldn't mind. After all, Chaeyoung is a much more disorganized person than Mina.

Chaeyoung stretched her arms, her eyes landing onto Mina's bare neck. Her black silky hair off to the side, exposing the porcelain skin on her nape. It looked soft, smooth and almost tempting. Chaeyoung's eyes widened as soon as she realized where these sudden thoughts could lead to.

Chaeyoung. Stop that. Don't think like that!

She coughed, looking away, her cheeks flushed. Chaeyoung took a deep breath, sneaking another peek at Mina's neck, it's area still exposed to the cold air from the air conditioning. Without words, Chaeyoung nuzzled her face into Mina's neck, the latter jumping.

"Ch-Chaeyoung? Is everything ok?" Mina muttered.

No. Your neck is so smooth and tempting, the way your hands would slide down your nape when you tried to think, the sweet aroma surrounding you was addicting. No, it's not ok, because I'm having a hard time controlling myself. "Yeah. Everything's fine." Chaeyoung mumbled, ignoring her thoughts, which she almost said out loud.

"You sure?" Mina turned around, causing the girl to stand up straight. Chaeyoung was disappointed but at the same time thankful. At least now, she doesn't have to stare at Mina's bare neck.

The cub smiled innocently, though behind it was a hidden nervous grin, "Yup." She replied, a little quieter than usual. Mina wasn't convinced, but she didn't want to push at the topic any further. Chaeyoung slapped her face, quietly, her cheeks flushed with pink. Her thoughts jumbled.

We just got into a relationship and I'm already thinking of that? Jesus Chaeyoung, get yourself together!

~

Hello! So, apologies for the late updates! This chapter isn't quite an important one (well except for the ending cause you know, foreshadowing, *wink* *wink*) so it's kind of just a filler before the next chapter! Just wanted to let you guys know :)

Thank you for reading the chapter!🐧🐯