[21]

Remember this starts off from chapter 20!
////Chapter 21////

Mina's mind was brought back to Chaeyoung's gesture. The latter has shielded her from a splash of water, saved her from getting drunk and cooked up a hangover remedy. It was something she'll always remember.

It was as if Chaeyoung was a friend from long ago. Someone who knows her so well even though they just met a few weeks ago. Mina unknowingly smiled, her heart flattering as she finally remembered how Chaeyoung protected her. The tiger stepping in front to make sure Seungwoo doesn't get closer.

She couldn't help but feel something. "Feel better?" A voice spoke, cutting through her thoughts. Mina looked up and saw the person she wanted to see most at the moment.

"Yeah." Mina chuckled, "Thanks to your soup, Chaeyoung. How did you make that by the way? It tasted amazing."

Chaeyoung smirked, "I'm flattered." She winked though her teasing smile turned into a soft one, though Mina can sense a bit of sorrow hidden behind that expression, "-When I was younger, I learned to cook a remedy for hangovers."

Younger? She learned how to cook hangover soup when she was a child? Mina didn't bother asking considering she knew it wasn't really her business to pry into Chaeyoung's background. "I see. Well, it tastes good, thank you."

Chaeyoung's lips curved into a wider smile, "No problem, anything for you." She winked, making Mina roll her eyes playfully. She laughed as Chaeyoung pretended to look offended, their voices filling the hallways.

"So, where are you gonna go? I'm headed to the park with Yeri. Wanna come?" Chaeyoung offered, adjusting the strap of her bag.

Mina subtly shakes her head, "Uh, I'm good. I was actually heading to the store to buy some things. See you la-" Her sentence was cut off by her phone buzzing, the sound of a notification interrupting their conversation.

Chaeyoung arched an eyebrow, "What's wrong?"

Mina's eyes widened as she stared at the screen of her phone. Her mouth spreading into a smile as she continued to scan the words on screen. "S-She's coming.." Mina giggled, in excitement.

"Who is?"

"Seo-yeon!" Mina glanced at Chaeyoung before looking back at her phone. The latter froze at the name.

"Seo-Yeon.." Chaeyoung muttered, looking down.

Mina hummed in response, her excitement so visible it cause others to look at her in confusion. "Do you know her?" The penguin showed the bright phone screen to Chaeyoung, the latter looking at it slowly. An image of this so called Seo-yeon coming into view.

CEO SEO-YEON COMING
CEO of Lacuna Perfume will be attending some events in Seoul and will also be holding an event for her perfume! Only those who have won contests and special guests will be attending! Everyone is awaiting her arrival soon!
[Image]

"I can't believe it! The CEO of Lacuna is coming here. Can you imagine meeting her in person?!" Mina squealed, her hands shaking as she held her phone tightly. She looked up, only to see a dazed Chaeyoung. "Are, you ok?"

Chaeyoung snapped out of her trance, looking at Mina a little startled, "You must be really excited to see her. I didn't know you liked perfume this much." She smiled, though it was faint.

"Y-Yeah. Seo-Yeon's perfume is amazing. I really like the collection of Missing, they're so calming yet so expressive? I'm not sure but I just love it. Do you not know her?" Mina asked again, looking at Chaeyoung for an answer.

The latter nodded slowly, "I do."

"Really! Don't you want to meet her?" Mina flashed her gummy smile, her eyes on the news once again.

Chaeyoung looked away, her hand clutching onto the strap of her bag tightly, "No." She muttered, causing Mina to look at her.

"What did you say?" Mina tilted her head and Chaeyoung was glad the former didn't hear anything she said.

"Nothing." Chaeyoung chuckled, "Now stop fangirling and go buy food." She teased, ruffling Mina's hair who just pushed her away. The latter rolled her eyes, crossing her arms at the younger student.

"Is it so hard to respect your elders?" Mina spoke, tired of how Chaeyoung treated her though it wasn't that bad. The latter shrugged, adjusting her shoulders.

"How could I when you don't even look your age." Chaeyoung smirked, inching closer to Mina's face who was currently red, "-You're face is to adorable when your red. You have a baby face, is what I'm saying." The Cub teased, her smile appearing along with the dimples.

"You're corny."

"And you're beautiful." Chaeyoung retorted, playfully.

Mina stuck her tongue out to which the tiger laughed at, "You're annoying." The penguin mumbled, cursing under her breath as she looked back at the news article.

"Oh you mean the opposite." Chaeyoung snickered. She looked at Mina again, the image of that women popping up. Chaeyoung's smile faded, though Mina didn't seem to notice.

"You're a big fan of hers." Chaeyoung smiled softly, amazed by how Mina was so involved with the news. The former looked at the image one more time, something pulling at her heart.

"Of course." Mina smirked, proudly.

"Well, I need to get going. See you around, Minari." Chaeyoung turned on her heel once she waved goodbye, the distance between her and Mina getting longer as she kept walking. Chaeyoung looked at her phone, looking for the same news article and she found it.

The image of that women exposed to Chaeyoung's eyes. The women looked young and she was always considered beautiful. She was an amazing women. Admired by many. Chaeyoung's jaw clenched, her eyes angrily staring at the picture of Seo-Yeon.

Out of all the years you had, you only came now. Why?

::
Thank you for reading this chapter! 🐧🐯