[35]

////Chapter 35////

Chaeyoung froze. Who knew those three words could hurt so much. It felt as if the strings in her heart were being pulled all the way to the back of her body. Mina pushed Chaeyoung away, turning on her heel and storming off.

"Mina, Wait!" Chaeyoung scrambled, but before she could even catch up to the penguin, Mina had already sprinted to who knows where. Chaeyoung let out a deep breath, falling to her knees.

Huh. I'm usually faster than her.

Chaeyoung choked on her voice, and she could see people staring at her as if wondering what had happen. After all, majority of the people were probably watching their argument. "I said sorry-" Chaeyoung grumbled, slapping her hand against her forehead, "-I shouldn't have kissed her."

"Chaeyoung, what happened!" The sound of small bells rang as she could see both Sana and Nayeon approach her. The latter looking curious and the former looking concerned. Sana bent down to Chaeyoung's level, taking Chaeyoung's hand.

"Did you hurt her?" Sana asked, in a low and soft tone.

Chaeyoung shook her head gently, "N-No. I said sorry, but then-" She stopped. Sighing. She shouldn't have done that. Chaeyoung regret pulling Mina into a quick kiss. A kiss that probably meant nothing to the latter. A kiss that shouldn't have happened under these circumstances.

"I have to run after her." Chaeyoung stood up, brushing off Sana's grasp. The cub ran towards the direction that Mina ran towards, her legs pushing through the little snow, the ice tempting to make Chaeyoung slip. But Chaeyoung didn't care.

She could care less for the possible injuries she'll get. Chaeyoung just cared about catching up to Mina.

"Chaeyoung, wait!" She ignored the protests and the calls from her two friends. Chaeyoung grumbled, her legs taking gambles as she knew the ice underneath her can get her into a nasty injury if she falls. Chaeyoung ignored the red flags, running after the girl she had wronged.

"Mina!" She shouted, hoping the said girl would pop out. But none. Chaeyoung ran around the campus, knocked on Mina's condo door, calling her name out. But nothing. Chaeyoung wheezed as she fell to the bench.

Where could she be?

Chaeyoung's eyes closed, slowly. Her limbs growing loose as she drifts off into a nap. A nap that she was willing to take in the middle of the sidewalk. People were probably glancing at her every once and a while, but she didn't care. Chaeyoung just cared about one person.

Mina.

"Chaeyoung?"

Her heart fell. Why of all times you had to come now? Chaeyoung's eyes flickered open, meeting with two orbs that were similar to her own. She sat up, her hands clasped together. Chaeyoung cautiously looked up, giving off frustration as much as she can through her body.

"What are you doing here?" She muttered.

"I was just passing by."

Chaeyoung chuckled, though bitterly. She stood up, a little taller than her own mother. The cub crossed her arms, "A CEO like you just happens to be passing by? How convenient." She waited for a few minutes, hoping that her mother would respond to her aggressive response.

Seo-Yeon steps closer to Chaeyoung, her hand grazing against her child's cheek. The latter flinched, new to the warmth of her mother. The warmth that she had missed for so long. "You've grown, Chaeyoung."