[13]

////Chapter 13////

Maybe it was because the chatter was loud or it was because the music in the library was somewhat to distracting, but Mina could just not focus. Her eyes glancing at her phone every once in a while as if waiting for a message or a call.

She groaned in frustration, resulting in a few stares from the people sitting near her. Their eyes wandering on her before looking back down at their books or laptop. Mina sighed, stuffing her things inside her small bag, leaving the library hoping it would clear her head.

But that only made things worst. It was getting a little darker and all her classes were finished. She had work to do, but she was to occupied on thinking about something else. Someone else.

"If he touches you, he's dead to me."

How could you say that so smoothly?! Mina screamed internally, confused and amazed at how suave Chaeyoung could be without even having the intention to do so. Her eyes landed on the phone in her hand, waiting for a name to pop up but it stayed empty.

"Should I call Sana." Mina wondered, looking for Sana's contact. She was thinking of giving the cookies to the couple but Mina figure it was to much to work to walk that much.

"Hi Penguin!" Sana greeted and Mina could barely hear her. She heard two people screaming at the top of their lungs in the background, it worried Mina a bit.

"Uh, Hey. Who's screaming?" Mina questioned, chuckling as the voices gradually got louder though she couldn't really familiarize who it would belong to.

Sana chuckled, "Nayeon and Jihyo are arguing who's better in this game. You know, they're both kind of competitive." After that was said, Mina could hear Sana shushing the two screamers. Which worked.

"Mind if I join?" Mina asked, every once in a while she would hear Jihyo and Nayeon arguing before Sana would shush them.

"Yeah sure! Only if you're ok with Jihyo and Nayeon being to loud." Sana chuckled. Mina swore she could hear another voice in the background, though it wasn't as clear as Jihyo and Nayeon, Mina assumed it would be Dahyun.

"Alright, I'll be there in a few minutes." Mina smiled to herself, slipping her phone into her pockets. She could feel the cold breeze hit her face as soon as she left the building, her fingers shaking a bit.

Thankfully she wasn't bringing anything heavy so it was an easy trip towards Sana's place. (How can you tell it was hers? Well if you hear Jihyo's angered screaming.) Jihyo was a kind soul, she really was, but every time Nayeon and Jihyo played a game, their kind heart had suddenly disappeared.

Mina stood in front of the door, and she could feel embarrassment envelope her as she could hear the two girls still scream. "What are you doing here?"

Oh my god. Are you-

Mina sighed, turning her head to the side a bit, catching a glimpse of a box of soda held in the others hand. Chaeyoung stood beside her, an oversized jacket hanging low on her shoulders Mina thought it would fall soon. "Trying to escape you." Mina spat.

Chaeyoung pouted, letting out a huff, "You were so nice to me yesterday! What happened?"

Mina cocked an eyebrow, she was willing to lecture Chaeyoung for a good 20 minutes just to explain what happened but she figure she'd just shorten it. "I had to bake the cookies again, and I had to sleep at 4. Because of you eating my cookies."

Chaeyoung adjusted her arms around the box of soda, "You're the one who kept screaming at me when we were baking." The tiger muttered, knocking on the door first.

"Maybe if you followed the instructions then everything would've been fine." Mina snapped back, her voice unintentionally rising. She had a long day and almost anything can get on her nerves.

"Maybe if you weren't so bossy I wouldve done what you said." Chaeyoung snapped back, her voice was stern and Mina almost jumped to the tone. The latter grumbled, her hands tightening around her phone as she watches Chaeyoung patiently waiting in front of the door.

"It's not my fault you're to much of an idiot to read instructions properly." Mina growled, her eyebrows furrowing, hoping Sana would open the door soon. This argument wasn't serious but it wasn't playful as well. It was a mix of both.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, "Stop calling me an idiot."

"That's what you are." Mina stuck her tongue out, thinking she won this one. Chaeyoung's eyes twitched, and it surprised Mina how successful she was when she could see be tigers mood switch.

Chaeyoung's lips curved into a smirk, her free hand ruffling Mina's hair, to which the latter complained at subtly, "You're so adorable." Chaeyoung laughed, ignoring Nayeon's raging voice from inside Sana's house.

Mina's cheeks flared red, "I just called you an idiot!" She growled, her hands balling up into a fist, upset that it seems she lost, again. Chaeyoung shrugged, crossing her arms with an unbothered expression.

"You really think you won? You'll never win to me princess." Chaeyoung smirked and soon enough Sana had opened the door. The sudden turning of the knob and the sudden appearence made the two visitors jump.

"The door's open ya know?" Sana smirked, her arms crossed as everyone peaked over her shoulder. Their expressions showed that they heard their small argument from the inside. Nayeon and Jihyo even stopped their game, nudging each other as they seemed to be teasing both Mina and Chaeyoung.

Mina just stood still, the tiger standing beside her as their mouths suddenly went dry. They didn't know whether or not they should be embarassed. Sana arched an eyebrow, impressed that Mina hadn't turned red yet. (The squirrel knows how easily Mina can get embarassed)

"Are you two going to come in or-" Sana leaned against the door, "-Are you two going to stay out here and argue like a married couple?"

Mina's eyes twitched in anger, her hand balling into a fist, her grip so tight her knuckles started to whiten. She huffed, her fingers latching itself onto Chaeyoung's ear, to which the latter struggled against.

"You really think I'll fall in love with this?" Mina growled, Sana shrugged, holding the temptation to laugh at Chaeyoung's expression.

"You never know." Chaeyoung managed to say, winking. Mina took a deep sigh, pinching the tigers ear even harder.

"Ouch! Let go of me!" Chaeyoung growled, pulling away from Mina. The latter huffed, entering Sana's House, ignoring the cub completely. Chaeyoung groaned, rubbing her fingers against her ear feeling the sting.

She was about to step foot inside Sana's house until the owner stopped her. "Just a question, if you were to have the chance to date Mina, would you?" Sana wondered.

Chaeyoung stopped rubbing her red ear, humming as if she was thinking. "I've said I wouldn't in the past but-" The tiger took a glance at Mina, the gummy smile she possessed was brighter than ever.

"If I had the chance? Maybe."

::

Thanks for reading this chapter! 🐧🐯