[40]

////Chapter 40////

"You really aren't going to get over this, are you?"

"Is that even possible?"

"Nayeon can you chillax, we literally discussed this an hour ago." Jeongyeon sighed, pointing to everyone else in the living room who seemed to forget the whole Nayeon screaming about Chaeyoung and Mina's relationship thing.

"And why do you seem so surprised? Did you seriously think I won't get into a relationship after Somi?" Chaeyoung deadpanned, crossing her arms as she watched the older girl stay quiet. She knew exactly this is the reason-well one of them-that Nayeon freaked out.

"That's one." Nayeon answered, "But if I remembered correctly, weren't you the one who said that you won't fall in love with Mina?" She smirked, this was the perfect opportunity to tease the younger girl.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, "Well, things changed." The cub was tired and her head was still pounding, she was thankful for Jeongyeon trying to stop this but because Nayeon is very persistent, it's almost impossible.

"But-Hey!" Nayeon blushed, swatting Jeongyeon away. Chaeyoung wanted to throw up a tad bit but she was still thankful. If you haven't guessed it, Jeongyeon kissed Nayeon's neck, and the latter is very sensitive to that.

"Stop annoying Chaeyoung before I do more than that." Jeongyeon nonchalantly spoke as she stared into Nayeon. For one, Chaeyoung knows that Jeongyeon won't actually do so and second, she knew this would work considering Nayeon was always so weak against Jeongyeon.

The things Chaeyoung saw between those two can't even be expressed in words. Sometimes she wished she could just lose her memory.

"Ok, fine." Nayeon huffed, crossing her arms, "But take care of Mina! Don't hurt her because if you do I'll kill you."

Chaeyoung raised her eyebrow, "Shouldn't you be saying that to Mina? Aren't you like, my parents?" She giggled, seeing the expression Nayeon's face every time she's called a parent is a mix of adorable and funny. Nayeon likes being called parent by Chaeyoung.

Jeongyeon shrugged, "Well, we both know how much of a jerk you can be so.."

"Oh." Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, "Ok then. Thanks for the encouragement."

"Hey, I'm just saying the truth." Jeongyeon winked. "Anyways! How about we go watch the movie?" She smiled, grabbing Nayeon by the wrist before she could ask any other questions. Chaeyoung chuckled, subtly sitting beside Mina.

"What did you guys talk about?" Mina yawned, glancing at Chaeyoung.

"Oh you know. Explaining how we're in a relationship to Nayeon and Jeongyeon. Nayeon just kept asking questions though so it was a little annoying." Chaeyoung chuckled, scratching the back of her nape.

"Sana got my back so she explained everything." Mina giggled, stretching out her arms.

Chaeyoung hummed, slowly inching her hand towards Mina. "Hey."

"Hm?"

"What's your birthday wish.." Chaeyoung asked shyly. She wanted to buy Mina another present, something that she actually wanted and not just some game. Chaeyoung knew that Mina liked playing video games, but she wanted to buy the girl-her penguin more.

Mina leaned against Chaeyoung's shoulder, "I hope you don't get mad at me.." Mina muttered, Chaeyoung awaited a little confused. "Can you try talking to your mom?" Mina leaned away from the cub, looking at her in the eye.

Everyone was in their own world, each of them with their partner. So Mina decided to take this time to ask about what she wished for. Chaeyoung looked at her a little surprise and the lack of response started to make Mina worried. She didn't want Chaeyoung to get angry again.

"B-But if your not ready then-" Mina was cut off with Chaeyoung sighing. The latter felt vulnerable, and this was one of the reasons why she fell in love with Mina. It's Mina's birthday yet she wished for another person's sake.

"I'll try." Chaeyoung smiled, gently. She glanced away, "She is kinda the reason why I chased after you. Without her, we probably wouldn't be sitting on the couch together. I'll talk to her."

"And do it for yourself, not for me, ok?" Mina muttered.

"Of course." Chaeyoung chuckled, opening her arms once more to which Mina comfortably laid in. She glanced at the people around her, majority of them were asleep. "Hey Mina."

"Hm."

"Thank you." Chaeyoung mumbled, drawing circles on Mina's hand. Their fingers were tangled with each other, perfectly moulded together as if it was meant to be.

"Why?"

Chaeyoung smiled, "Because if weren't for you, I probably wouldn't have the guts to talk to my mother again." She sighed, kissing the top of Mina's forehead.

"I only brought her to you, Chaeng. You're doing all the talking." Mina chuckled. The two of them sat in silence, their eyes draw to the tv but their hands were still intertwined. Never letting go.

"Mina-"

"I love you." Mina muttered before stealing a kiss, taking the words right out of Chaeyoung's mouth. "And never in a million years will I stop loving you." Mina smiled.

Chaeyoung didn't even need to answer, all she did was hug Mina tighter, her arms holding Mina close. She didn't want to let go nor did she plan on doing so. Chaeyoung snuggled closer to the older girl, her smile not fading.

"Mina, you're all that I ever wanted."
~

Thank you for reading this chapter!🐧🐯