[18]

This book reached 10.2k reads, thank you everyone! :D

////Chapter 18////

It was awkward.

Mina stood in front of her door, waiting for Chaeyoung who will walk with her to the café. It was currently 7:30 pm and Mina was surprised that Chaeyoung was late, but she also had to reconsider Chaeyoung's attitude towards time.

"Are you ready?" A voice so cold entered her thoughts and Mina could swear she felt shivers down her spine. The penguin looked up slowly, her eyes meeting with blunt looking orbs.

"Nice to see that you're here." Mina flashed a smile, though Chaeyoung didn't. The latter turned around and she started walking, waiting for Mina to catch up.

They walked for a while, their feet in sync with each other, unfortunately, the café that the party was being held at was a little far. Mina looked down, her hands clutching tightly onto her blouse.

"Can you handle alcohol." Chaeyoung asked, her eyes not giving in to eye contact. Her voice was mono-toned as well, which was very different from what Mina was used to.

"Y-Yeah, of course I can." Mina smirked, though nervously. In truth, she was weak to alcohol and only Sana knew about that. She didn't know why she lied but for some odd reason, her pride had eaten her speech.

Chaeyoung quickly glanced at her, her eyes glistened in the evening sky and Mina loved the smell the tiger had. Sweet and Calming. "Ok." Is all Chaeyoung said before letting the silence fall onto their conversation again.

Mina would occasionally glance at the taller cub, amazed by how fitting the boyfriend cut looked on her. Chaeyoung's hands were inside her pocket and Mina knew that if anyone saw her, they'd fall for her in an instant.

"Please don't stare at me." Chaeyoung spoke, cutting her thoughts. Mina's eyes widened, instantly looking away from the tiger who looked emotionless almost.

"S-Sorry." Mina coughed, her hands fidgeting with the hem of her blouse. Ah what the hell is this! Chaeyoung would be teasing me by now but now we're acting like strangers, this is ridiculous. Mina growled quietly.

Only a couple of minutes in, Mina stopped as she saw the café doors in front of them. The window exposed the crowded room as freshman's and seniors cheered while holding their cups of alcohol. She saw Sana sitting with Nayeon and immediately, Mina wanted to sit beside the squirrel.

She took one step but her wrist was caught by fingers wrapping around it. Mina turned her head, Chaeyoung's fingers firmly holding onto her hand. "Chaeyoung?" She called out, feeling a little awkward considering the tiger was just looking at her.

Chaeyoung looked at Mina, "If Seungwoo or anyone tries to hurt or touch you, call me to your table." The words were the last as she entered the building, Mina could hear the greetings from her friends.

Mina was confused. Is she still mad at me? But she said she wanted to protect me. But she's also giving me the cold shoulder. Agh, this stupid cub is confusing the hell out of me. Mina groaned, shaking her head in frustration.

"Mina! You're here!" The voice she recognized entered, the music from the inside was echoing and Mina was surprised none of the people nearby didn't look bothered. Mina looked up and she saw Seungwoo lightly jogging towards her.

"Hi." Mina flashed a smile.

"I'm glad you can make it! C'mon, Sana and the rest are inside." Without warning, Seungwoo grabbed Mina's wrist with a gentle hold, bringing her inside the café building. As Mina entered, the noise of everyone's conversations shocked her ears.