[33]

Hi everyone! The new book is up now and it's called Artistic Tendencies! Go check it out if you're interested!
Also! If there are any mistakes, I apologize! I didn't get the chance to go over it so quickly :)

////Chapter 33////

"So, are you going to call Chaeyoung?" Sana raised her eyebrow, leaning closer to Mina who only leaned back. Aware of the fact that something happened to Chaeyoung, though Sana doesn't know what.

"She needs space." Mina answered.

"Oh c'mon Mina." Sana rolled her eyes, sighing as if she was disappointed. "What if she actually needs you by her side? Chaeyoung can be unpredictable and you should know her best."

"Me? Yeri's her best friend and she specifically told me to give her space. Chaeyoung needs it." Mina answered back, agitated with how persistent Sana was. The latter should've known better.

Sana pouted, crossing her arms in defeat like a child who didn't get her away. Mina knew better than to invade Chaeyoung's life right now, after all, what happened last night must've been on that cub's mind non-stop. Plus, Chaeyoung might still be a little hot headed and Mina wasn't really eager to witness that again, first hand.

She saw how angry Chaeyoung can be when it came to Seungwoo, so without a doubt, Chaeyoung must be like that as of right now. Mina sighed, her thoughts drifting to what happened to her family. Why did Seo-Yeon leave? Did she leave for no reason? No. Mina knew the CEO wouldn't be able to do that.

There must've been some reason she left.

"Hey, I'll be right back." Mina smiled standing up, leaving her bag to Sana's hands. The latter nodded, busy scrolling through her phone. Mina walked out into Sana's balcony, which by the way gave a beautiful view.

They were both relaxing in Sana's house considering it still a break. Mina was actually holding back every bit of temptation to call Chaeyoung. Even going as far to shutting her phone or giving it to Sana so she wouldn't be able to give in.

That only lasted for about 2 hours.

Mina took a deep breath, opening her contacts, her thumb slowly hovering over the screen. Right now, she could call Chaeyoung. Ask how she was doing, if she was ok, if she was willing to explain, or even just talk.

She needs the space.

"Ugh." Mina groaned, her actions stopped as soon as that thought passed her. She knew better than to call Chaeyoung out of her own sake. "Should I-"

There was no need for Mina to even decide. Right on her screen displayed the name of Chaeyoung's contact. And here Mina was, stressing out whether or not to call the cub. She cleared her throat for whatever may happen, whatever Chaeyoung needs to say.

Hesitantly, though not really, Mina answered the call.

"Good morning."

Mina hummed, breathing in the cold air. "Good morning." Her voice was quiet and she didn't understand why. Mina felt anxious, she was worried, something that she didn't sense from Chaeyoung's rather soothing voice.

"So-" Chaeyoung started, "-How was your day? It's a new year."

Mina could feel it and now she was sure that Chaeyoung felt it as well. The awkward tension hanging in their voices, it irked Mina with how the tension had risen. In a way, it also frustrated her. Mina didn't want to converse about it being a new year, hell, Mina doesn't even care.

All she cared about was what Chaeyoung felt. Was the cub tired? Angry? Frustrated? Maybe even excited? Mina was curious and confused, she swore that if Chaeyoung hadn't continue talking, she would've bursted into questions. And Mina knows for sure that the cub wouldn't be so giving for that.