[8]

////Chapter 8////

"I'll walk you home." Chaeyoung offered, stuffing a few of her papers into her small gray bag. Mina shook her head gently, not planning to go home just yet. The penguin put a few books back and just kept only three for her studies.

"You don't need to." Mina smiled, throwing her bag over her shoulders. Chaeyoung smirked, crossing her arms at the penguin, who was struggling with her books.

"Are you sure? For all I know, you might get lost." The younger student grunted, grabbing the books from Mina's hand and holding it instead. The latter rolled her eyes, trying to take her things back but Chaeyoung just wouldn't let go.

"I know where I live, and don't you have to go home? It's late." Mina scolded, bidding the librarian goodbye, leaving the room with Chaeyoung trailing behind her.

"I'm not a kid. I don't have a curfew." Chaeyoung laughed, adjusting the three thick textbooks resting on her arms. Geez, how does Mina carry this. "And don't you trust me? It's not like I'm going to stalk you."

Mina turned around, her eyebrows was raised, "It's not that, I just know how to get home. Just because we're friends doesn't mean you get to follow me everywhere." The dancer sighed, her back was starting to hurt from standing considering the bag she was carrying was quite heavy.

Chaeyoung flashed a visible pout, "Are you still mad at me? I didn't mean to insult you before, I just got carried away." Mina was surprise to hear a sudden apology but she could tell it took a lot of courage for the photographer just to say that.

"No it's not that, I'm just confused." Mina spoke, taking this situation as an advantage to ask her question.

"Confused? About what?" Chaeyoung quickly ran by Mina's side so they were walking at the same pace.

Mina sighed, slipping her hands into her pockets, "About you wanting to become friends with me. When we first met, you seemed like you hated my guts which at the time I did to and then at the dinner you kept annoying me. It doesn't make sense how you suddenly want to be my friend." The penguin crossed her arms

Chaeyoung adjusted her arms so the books won't fall, "It's pretty simple to answer that."

Mina arched an eyebrow, "Simple? Fine then answer it."

"You're a good dancer and you're pretty popular among boys in my class." Chaeyoung hummed, "I wanted to meet you but never got the chance to see your face when people talked about your skills. Everytime someone showed me video of you dancing, It was always so far away. Your face was always blurry."

Mina was flattered by the outburst of compliments but she had no clue as to why that has to do with anything, "Thank you. But why are you answering with this?"

"I'm not done yet." Chaeyoung giggled, "When I first saw you in the Sakura Trees, I didn't know you were the Myoui Mina. I was also having a pretty bad day that time so I kinda took out my anger on you."

Mina found that pretty obvious considering Chaeyoung really looked frustrated that time. "Oh, thanks for clearing that up then." She was about to drop the subject but Mina realized something, "Then why were you mean to me during the dinner? You knew my name and my face."

Chaeyoung chuckled, "I just found your face adorable when you got angr-ow! Is slapping people your thing or what?" The tiger growled, rubbing her forearm.

"Can you stop calling me adorable?" Mina blushed but the younger student didn't seem to notice, "It makes me uncomfortable." The penguin muttered, covering half of her face with her arms.

Chaeyoung smirked, "Sure." The tiger stood in front of Mina, stopping the latter from moving, "Only if you let me drop you off."

Mina hesitated but if it meant that Chaeyoung will stop calling her cute and adorable then she will gladly oblige, "Fine."

The tiger cub offered a cheeky smile, her dimples showing as she proudly walks beside Mina. The latter didn't talk about it nor was she consciously thinking about it, but Mina saw it as such an adorable gesture that Chaeyoung did. The photographer looked so happy it made Mina feel a little warm.

"So.." Chaeyoung started, staring at Mina who's beauty was perfectly exposed by the moonlight. "What brought you to Korea?" The tiger adjusted her arms so it won't feel as numb under the books.

"I wanted to study here so my parents let me." Mina answered, glancing at Chaeyoung for a split second before looking back at the path in front of them, "There was an academy of arts in Japan but since Sana came here and told me all about her experience. I wanted to join in on the fun as well." She continued.

Chaeyoung hummed, feeling a little awkward with the penguin, "So you study the arts, huh? Well, it makes sense, you really are well-known around campus." The tiger chuckled, her arms getting tired.

"I guess. But my dance isn't all that special, Momo is much better than me." Mina coughed, still not used to the fact that Chaeyoung compliments her so easily.

Chaeyoung shrugged, "In my opinion, you guys are on the same level. Though, I'm pretty bias so I'd pick Momo over you any day." The cub teased, getting a playful eye roll from Mina.

"Whatever." Mina scoffed, crossing her arms. Chaeyoung smirked, nudging the penguins arms as if to mock her.

"Aww, are you jealous I didn't pick you?"

Mina let out a huff, "Do you want me to slap you again." It wasn't even a question, it was more of a warning, which Chaeyoung sensed. The latter's eyes widened, quickly shaking her head and closing her mouth, "How about you? You always asked me questions, it's your turn to answer." Mina started.

Chaeyoung chuckled, glancing down at Mina for a second, "My life is boring. There's nothing so interesting about me." Although Chaeyoung said this, Mina couldn't help but feel that the tiger was hiding something. Though, she chose not to ask.

"Makes sense, you are pretty boring." Mina teased.

Chaeyoung faked a gasp, as if to show pain, "How could you?"

"How could I not." Mina smirked, stopping in front of her apartment. The building looked new and Chaeyoung found it surprising that Mina lived in such an expensive looking household. It was a simple apartment, though it looked more like a Condo.

"This is your place?" Chaeyoung questioned.

"Yeah, I'm on the forth floor, so you can drop me off here." Mina smiled, hastily grabbing her textbooks out of Chaeyoung's tired arms. "Is it your first time seeing this?"

Chaeyoung nodded, her jaw tempted to drop. The entrance to the lobby of the building had glass and it exposed the main level. It was well lit and the interior design could be considering luxurious. It was modern and Chaeyoung wished she can live in there, "Yeah. It looks expensive."

Mina giggled, "A lot of people say that when they first see it." She cleared her throat, wrapping her fingers around the metal handle of the doors, "Thanks for dropping me off, idiot." Mina laughed at the nickname.

Chaeyoung flashed a pout before transitioning to a sly smile, "Anything for you cutie." The tiger winked, crossing her arms.

Mina's eyes widened, her cheeks got a little hot but it wasn't noticeable. "What happened to not calling me cute or adorable? You said if I let you drop me off you'd stop." The penguin scolded.

Chaeyoung smirked, "I couldn't resist."

"But you said-" Mina was cut off as she sees Chaeyoung already walking away, ignoring her protests.

"No promises, Minari!"

::

Thank you for reading this chapter! 🐧🐯