[48]

Hi :)

I'm back, however, the updates will still be slow. I apologize. My life hasn't fully recovered, and I haven't fully gotten on my feet. But I'm fighting and slowly getting better. I appreciate all the love from the Author's note chapter, I'm thankful to a lot of you.

Now, please enjoy this chapter :)

////Chapter 48////

"Where are Nayeon and Momo?" Chaeyoung questioned, slipping away from her shoes. The condo was left quiet, which meant that the two noisy elders were either put to sleep or went somewhere. Chaeyoung's guessing it's the latter considering Nayeon and Momo are far too hyper for being asleep.

Mina turned around from her laptop, "They went out to get some food."

Chaeyoung raised the bag of chips in her hand, "I have food." She bluntly said, a smile on her face.

Mina giggled, raising an eyebrow, "I don't think chips would be enough to fill those two." Mina looked down at her laptop, reviewing the powerpoint that she had just finished revising. Momo helped, which Mina was extremely thankful for.

"Almost done?" Chaeyoung's voice cut the creeping silence. Mina hummed, nodding at the question. Her body jolted at the sudden feeling of arms wrapped around her body. "Can I hug you for a sec?" Chaeyoung muttered, the vibration of her voice brushed against Mina's neck.

"Sure." Mina answered, though quietly. "Is everything ok?"

Silence.

Mina didn't know how she was suppose to continue this one way conversation. Chaeyoung was usually quiet when she was troubled, which is why Mina was worried about the sudden hug and the sudden silence that enveloped the two.

"I saw him today."

Mina arched an eyebrow, "Him?"

"Mark."

Chaeyoung could already feel Mina's body tense at the mention of his name. Her body froze against Chaeyoung's, causing the younger girl to tighten her hold. Soon after, Chaeyoung felt the same tremble that Mina had when she talked about her story with him.

"I understand if you don't want to talk about him." Chaeyoung muttered, her voice was small and fragile. She tried her best to keep it as quiet as possible, hoping to come across as gentle. "But we talked. And I want to tell you, what Mark told me." Chaeyoung added.

Mina was conflicted. She didn't want to hear his name anymore. He left me at the time I needed someone the most. What in the hell would be so important from him. She squirmed out of Chaeyoung's arms, pushing the younger girl. She wasn't angry at her girlfriend, but her mind spiralled.

Mina needed space.

She ignored Chaeyoung's soft calls of her name before marching into her room, slamming the door shut behind her back.

"Agh-" Chaeyoung groaned, glancing down at the bright screen, "-Good job Chaeng. You made your girlfriend mad, smart." She pouted at herself, plopping down onto the couch nearest to the television.

~

It took about 4 hours.

The condo was silent, and it felt as if time was barely moving. Nayeon and Momo were long gone; they hadn't come back or even called to say that they weren't.

The silence was suffocating, to say the least. Chaeyoung didn't like it, however, she'll stay in Mina's condo until the latter comes out with the same gummy smile on her face. But maybe Chaeyoung won't see that, since she was asleep. Four hours of waiting, not even the tv was on, Chaeyoung couldn't help but let her eyes droop.