[4]

Ahhh!!! I'm sorry for such a late update!
////Chapter 4////

Mina doesn't know how she got into this spot, but she regrets it nonetheless. Sana offered, or more like forced, the penguin to join her in dinner with Nayeon and a few other people. At first Mina was hesitant but later on she agreed considering she won't be losing anything.

Thankfully, Momo arrived, someone Mina enjoyed talking too. They mostly talked about Japan and dancing, but Mina did notice how much Momo loved food since she did recommend a lot of restaurants. More than Mina can count. The real problem?

Jeongyeon came. Well, to phrase it better, Mina had no problem with her going but when she arrived, another person was standing by her side.

Son Chaeyoung.

And because of Sana's persistent attitude, the squirrel forced Chaeyoung to sit beside Mina. Having that said, Mina was sure that she'll have a talk with Sana after dinner. The ballerina could feel herself leaning towards Momo everytime she thinks Chaeyoung is to close but luckily, the tiger cub lookalike seemed to have pretended that Mina didn't exist. Which was good enough for her.

"Oh by the way, Mina!" Nayeon's voice intervened, "Meet Chaeyoung! Chaeyoung meet Myoui Mina." The eldest smiled, her bunny teeth popping out.

Mina internally screamed as she faced Chaeyoung, about to say hello but the younger girl cut her off, "So you're name's Mina? Cute name." Chaeyoung winked, eating a spoonful of food.

What the hell was that wink for? Oh my-seeing her face really pisses me off.

Jeongyeon chuckled, lightly hitting the back of Chaeyoung's head causing the latter to slightly jump, "Sorry about her. She's just, weird."

Mina nervously chuckled, shaking her head as a gesture of 'don't worry about it' but on the inside she really did want Chaeyoung to apologize. Though, she gave up on that thought.

A few minutes after everyone finished their food, they all got into their seperate conversations. Sana was busy talking with Nayeon and Dahyun so Mina felt a little left out. Jeongyeon for some odd reason won a bet against Momo so now she's deciding the punishment, with Momo quietly sulking.

Mina knew there was one more person who wasn't in a conversation but she didn't choose to make talk. The ballerina took her phone out, tapping it a few times before indulging herself into a game. It was one of her hobbies that she did specially if she had free time.

"You're doing it wrong." A voice interrupted, it was quiet but it was loud enough for Mina to hear. The latter turned her head slowly and saw Chaeyoung slowly leaning in, her finger pointing at the screen, "You should buy this, it'll make your character stronger. It's expensive but you get more currency when you defeat monsters." Her voice was low and her brown eyes reflected the game.

Mina blinked back to reality, getting herself out of that small trance and nodding to Chaeyoung's advice. As she was about to go back to playing, the young photographer snickered, "What are you? A first time player? Cause it sure looks like it."

The penguin's eye twitched, her grip around her phone tightening. She sighed, choosing to ignore the younger student and just focus on the game. You give me advice yet you make fun of me after. You really piss me off Son Chaeyoung. "Then don't give me advice. By the way you talk, I guess you're a pro." Mina scowled but with a low tone.

Chaeyoung's eyes widened but it soon turned into a smirk, "Wow, Penguin can bite. Relax, I was just joking. You're so sensitive." The cub laughed, going back to looking at her camera. Mina grunted, closing her phone and facing her body towards the photographer.

"It's a stupid joke." Mina spat, her anger was boiling and she didn't even know why. Something about Son Chaeyoung really ruined her mood and she didn't know why. The latter raised an eyebrow, confused by the sudden sentence.

"I already apologized. Don't take the game so seriously." Chaeyoung retorted, taking her eyes off the camera.

Mina took a deep breath, slowly turning away. She knew that she shouldn't just suddenly spit rude things at the younger student but Mina really couldn't resist the hate. Hate is a strong word but at this point she would use it. "I really hate you." Mina mumbled, hoping the tiger won't hear.

Unfortunately, Chaeyoung heard it loud and clear.

"I guess we're the opposite." Chaeyoung smirked, gently grabbing Mina's chin, making the latter face her, "Cause I really like you." She whispered and Mina swore she could almost melt by the tone of voice Chaeyoung used.

"Just kidding, you aren't my type." Chaeyoung laughed, leaning back. Mina's cheeks went red at an instant and as payback, she kicked Chaeyoung's leg under the table, causing the latter to wince in pain, "You slapped me then kicked me? What the hell is your problem?" Chaeyoung growled.

"You. You are my problem." Mina glared, "So stay away from me." She opened her phone and as she was about to start up a new game, Chaeyoung swiftly grabbed, causing Mina to try and reach for it, "Give it back!"

Without realizing Mina was leaning closer and closer to Chaeyoung's body, giving the latter a chance to grab her wrist and restrain Mina from moving back. The tiger looked into Mina's eyes, her brown orbs looked challenging. "You made a grave mistake, Mina." Chaeyoung smirked.

"Cause now that you told me to stay away-" Chaeyoung leaned closer to Mina's face and Mina could even feel her breath. Her face was going red by how much the tiger was close to her.

"-I'll make sure to stay closer, Myoui Mina."

::

Thanks for reading this chapter! 🐧🐯