[27]

////Chapter 27////

Chaeyoung decided it was best to drop Mina off at her condo, thankfully, the latter was willing to follow her simple instructions and give the keys. Though their whole walk back to Mina's condo was silence, but Chaeyoung didn't bother changing the atmosphere.

She knew Mina wasn't in the mood to speak, so Chaeyoung let her have her own time. All she had asked was to stay, which Mina agreed to, walking to her room right after. Shutting the door behind her but not locking it, which Chaeyoung was fine with.

"Mark, huh." Chaeyoung mumbled, her arms raised above her head as she let her body go limp on the couch. It was pretty dark outside so she figured she'll stay until she was sure Mina was asleep or ok. "Mina must've really cherished him."

She sighed, rubbing her eyes as she tried to stay awake. Chaeyoung even resorted to drinking coffee, which is something she didn't like to do in her current situation. She'd rather drink alcohol, it was something she enjoyed much more.

But if it's for Mina, anything is fine.

Chaeyoung groaned quietly, sitting up, shivering as she could feel the slight breeze of air slip through the window. She hastily closed it, glancing around the silent condo. All the lights were off except the one in the hallway and the living room.

Her eyes darted across the room, looking for anything to get rid of time. Chaeyoung's eyes caught Mina's console, which was buried under a few games. Some were cute and some were pretty violent, Chaeyoung chose the latter.

"What the hell-" Chaeyoung's jaw dropped, "-How did she defeat that guy! I couldn't even beat that damned boss." The younger one grumbled, her fingers swiping across console, the sound of clicking buttons increasing in volume.

Her body tilted with the controller, Chaeyoung's eyebrows furrowed, her focus so into the game. She grunted, resulting into just slapping the buttons even though she knew it wouldn't work.

"You might break that controller if you do it like that.."

The voice made her jump, the boss in the game soon depleting whatever's left in Chaeyoung's character health bar. The tiger pouted, before looking to the hallway, revealing a figure with a fuzzy like blanket draped over her shoulders. "Mina, do you need anything?"

She smiled softly, standing up from her seat. It was obvious Mina had been crying due to her red puffy face but she didn't care to fix herself. Plus, Chaeyoung thought she was still beautiful, which was something she obviously won't admit outloud in this situation.

"I overheard buttons. I was a little worried so I came out here and-" Mina chuckled silently, "-saw you so focused on your game. But looks like you lost."

Chaeyoung's smile faded, though playfully, she let her body flop onto the couch. "I tried."

Mina smiled softly, somehow seeing the cub sitting defeatedly on the couch relieved some of that anger hidden in her heart. Something not even Sana could do without fully hugging her and keeping her in her arms. But here Chaeyoung was. Easily breaking down the stone walls Mina puts around herself during her angered phase.

"Do you need help?"

Chaeyoung nodded slowly, shifting in her seat as she let Mina sit down and take control of the character. "My hero." Chaeyoung winked, laughing subtly as she saw Mina roll her eyes.

Time passed by and Chaeyoung just watched Mina play, her elegant fingers dancing across the controller, maneuvering around like she memorized the placement of the buttons. Which is most likely true considering Mina, is Mina. She loved video games.