[5]

////Chapter 5////

The dinner was a complete and utter nightmare. It wasn't in a bad way nor was it in a good way but it was more like, Mina was literally a tomato at the end. For some odd reason, after she told Chaeyoung to stay away, the latter started to act friendly. To friendly.

Mina despised how the younger student enjoyed teasing her, like messing up her food or snatching her phone right out of her hands. In Mina's eyes, Chaeyoung acted like a 5 year old kid who had nothing else to do but annoy her peers.

There were also moments where Chaeyoung would suddenly get all flirty with Mina, who couldn't stand it considering the tiger lookalike had this tone of voice she used. It was husky and rough to the point that Mina felt red and shy.

Maybe that's what Mina hates about Chaeyoung. The fact that the tiger was pretty narcissistic and a bit of a flirt. There wasn't even a single moment where Chaeyoung would act like a kind stranger because when she did, the young Korean would add an insult. Something Mina hated as well.

Before they said their goodbyes, Mina walked up to Chaeyoung, looking her in the eyes, "Stay away from me." Is all the penguin said, before turning on her heel.

"Why? What if I want to be friends with you?" Chaeyoung chuckled, shrugging at the aggressive attitude. Mina's hands balled into a fist, head snapping towards the young student.

"I don't. Just go tease someone else." Mina rolled her eyes, hoping that would shut Chaeyoung up. Unfortunately it wasn't enough. The latter groaned, grabbing Mina by the wrist, roughly.

"But what if I want to tease you? I mean it's fun seeing your pretty face-" Chaeyoung's mouth gaped open. In her perspective, she doesn't like Mina either. But enjoyed teasing her nonetheless. It was, fun, to her. She looked at Mina and for some odd reason the moonlight really defined the Japanese's face.

Mina looked so elegant as her eyes reflected the moon. Chaeyoung was speechless and her words suddenly disappeared, even the thought of teasing the older girl faded. Before she could even come back to reality, a hand whipped across her face. "That was harder than before! I didn't even do anything!"

"You were looking at me, that's what you were doing!" Mina growled, her face red from embarrassment.

"Well, I'm sorry if I just want to have eye contact! That's how you talk to people!" Chaeyoung retorted, her voice raising. A few people stared but went on with their day after.

"Eye contact? You weren't even looking me in the eye! You were looking at something else! You are a damn pervert!" Mina growled, and Chaeyoung received another slap to the face which hurt even more.

Chaeyoung let go of Mina's wrist harshly, "A pervert? I'm not a pervert! I wasn't even staring at you like that! You know what, whatever." Chaeyoung groaned, turning her back towards the penguin.

Mina let out a relieved sigh, her face fuming with anger. It's been a long time since she's been this angry but she couldn't hold it. With a ruined mood, Mina walked even faster, wanting to get home and relax.

~

"Pervert. Tch, what an odd woman. I wasn't even looking at her like that." Chaeyoung grumbled, touching the cheek that was a victim to the slap.

"I leave you for a second and you have a red slap mark on your cheek already?" A voice intervened, a chuckle following. Chaeyoung looked up and saw her two mothers as Nayeon would like to call herself.

Both Nayeon and Jeongyeon acted as parents towards Chaeyoung, who agreed. The two older students took care of the cub before they went to America, and they even acted like parents when Chaeyoung would do something rash. In other words, the cub relied on her two friends as people she can talk to.

"It was from that penguin lady." Chaeyoung scoffed, rubbing the mark. Nayeon raised an eyebrow, letting go of Jeongyeon's arm. (which Jeongyeon was happy about considering Nayeon was very clingy and her arm was starting to get sore.)

"You mean Mina? She's really nice why would she slap you?" Nayeon wondered, lightly patting Chaeyoung's head in order to comfort her.

Jeongyeon smirked, "Were you annoying her to much? I noticed at the dinner she looked pretty pissed at you. I wouldn't question it if she slapped you." The ostrich laughed, which Chaeyoung hated but understood.

She did kind of annoy her the whole time and Chaeyoung saw the problem but she was hoping that Mina wouldn't have slapped for the second time. "Ok, I get my mistake but she didn't have to slap me. It hurt!" The cub whined.

Nayeon shrugged, "It was your fault." She teased, entering Jeongyeon's car which Chaeyoung soon did. The couple got into a conversation about some class in univeristy during their time in America so Chaeyoung decided to not join.

Should I apologize when I see Mina?

But she slapped me and I wasn't even looking at her like a pervert.

Ah, whatever I'll just apologize when I see her.

"Made up your mind?" The voice of Nayeon cut through, getting Chaeyoung's attention. The latter let out a sigh, shrugging at the older girls question.

"I'll apologize, whatever it's no big deal." Chaeyoung muttered, digging her face into the palm of her hands. Nayeon always found it cute when the tiger expressed her feelings that got her embarassed considering it's rare to see Chaeyoung act like that. She's always the tough and apparently, arrogant, to some people.

Jeongyeon chuckled, "To us it's no big deal but to you it is. You were annoying Mina the whole dinner, I wouldn't be surprise if you start to catch feelings for her." The ostrich snickered, causing Nayeon to laugh with her.

Chaeyoung's eyes widened, her defense mode activated almost instantly, "I was annoying her because she's annoying me! Her face pisses me off! And there is-" Chaeyoung retorted, her voice rising.

"-No way that I'll fall in love with her!"

::

Thanks for reading the chapter! 🐧🐯