[16]

////Chapter 16////

"So, what would you like?"

"Anything is fine, Seungwoo." Mina smiled, sitting patiently across from the brown haired boy. He smiled widely, raising his hand to get the attention of a waitress.

"Two small coffee with glazed doughnuts." He smiled, looking at Mina as if to get her ok, to which she gave. They were sitting inside the café near the university which is where Mina always stayed when she studied or did work.

The waitress nodded, smiling as she gave them the estimated time when they'll get their order. As she left, Seungwoo shyly smiled at Mina, scratching the back of his head, a light blush dusting his cheeks. "So, uh, how are you?" He asked.

Mina sighed, "It's ok, I guess. Work is just stressful lately." She said the truth considering she felt comfortable around Seungwoo. She wouldn't fake being all happy when really, University was stressing the hell out of her.

Seungwoo hummed in response, agreeing, "Same. The work my professor gives us is insane! Sometimes I just wanna give up." He sighed, shaking his head at the topic. Mina giggled, her gummy smile sending shivers down the boy's spine.

"Do you come here a lot? Before we met I used to see you around a lot." Seungwoo caught his words, his cheeks going red as he sounded like her personal stalker, "I-I'm not stalking you though! Promise! My friends and I come here to hang out and I always see you here with some work, so.."

Mina only smiled, "Yeah I do. This café is like my second home." She admitted. The café really was her favourite places specially during the evening considering it was quieter and much less people.

"Your smile is adorable." Seungwoo blurted though Mina could feel it was intentional. He smiled, his eyes squinting as he did so.

Mina chuckled, not used to getting compliments, "Thank you." Her cheeks went a little red considering she was flattered by the sudden remark.

They talked. For a pretty long time and Mina was surprised. Seungwoo was a laid-back guy and he seemed to be pretty cheerful to which Mina admired. He reminded Mina of her ex, but that didn't mean a bad thing nor did it mean any good. It was fine.

Every once in a while, the bell hung near the door would chime as a sign of another customer entering the building. It didn't bother the two nor did it interrupt their conversation. There was one moment where Seungwoo was looking for something in his bag, something about this card he got from America.

The door chimed, and it just so happen Mina looked at it. Her eyes caught a short haired girl enter, round glasses that fit her perfectly. Mina blinked to clarify who it really was and she was right. "Is that-?" Mina stopped as they met eye contact.

Chaeyoung?

Mina knew for a fact that Chaeyoung told her to stay away from Seungwoo and she was afraid that the tiger would come walking up to their table, giving the poor guy some unnecessary attitude. Chaeyoung glanced at Seungwoo as she stood at the door way, one of her friends beside her. Mina was about to gesture Chaeyoung to not make a scene or to not call Seungwoo out, but surprisingly, nothing.

Chaeyoung glanced at Seungwoo then back at Mina, her expression was blank, before she followed her friend to a table. Mina shrugged it off and was quite relieved that Chaeyoung didn't assume anything. "Here, this is the card I got from America. My mom gave it to me when I was younger." Seungwoo smiled widely.

Mina chuckled, subtly taking the card but she would lie if she said she was interested in this printed piece of paper. Her eyes quickly glanced at Chaeyoung, who was talking with her friend sitting across from her. Their drinks were resting in their palms, their mouths opening but Mina couldn't hear them.

She sighed thinking that maybe Chaeyoung won't do anything so she just stayed focus on Seungwoo, "Wow, your mom went to a lot of places in America." Mina was in awe as she stared at the picture, surprised.

Seungwoo nodded, proudly, he watched Mina smile at his picture. He wasn't aware of Chaeyoung's presence to which Mina could tell, "Hey, by the way.." Seungwoo started.

Mina looked up, "Hm?"

"Do you wanna go to the party tomorrow night? I know that a couple of your friends are going. It's with the freshman's and seniors. So, do you want to?" He asked shyly, rubbing the back of his arm, "O-Oh! And Chaeyoung and Sana will be there!"

Mina sighed, she couldn't resist Seungwoo's offer and plus, if Sana will be there then she'll be fine. Mina nodded and the boy almost couldn't contain his happiness. He was smiling all throughout the date.

Eventually, they left the café, conveniently enough, along with Chaeyoung and her friend. Seungwoo caught the girl leaving the entrance, Mina decided to see if Chaeyoung actually saw them so, she greeted her, "Chaeyoung!" She called.

Chaeyoung stopped along with her friend, turning around, "Yo." She smiled, and her friend gestures for the both of them to walk closer. Chaeyoung didn't protest but Mina saw a glimpse of hesitation.

"Are you Mina?" Chaeyoung's friend asked, a smile on her face. Mina nodded and glanced at the tiger who was just standing there quietly.

"My name is Yeri." The so called friend shook hands with Mina but the latter couldn't stop thinking at how quiet the tiger was. Usually, Chaeyoung would start teasing her and such.

Seungwoo waved patiently, who also shook hands with Yeri. Mina glanced at Chaeyoung, deciding to tease the tiger, "Why are you so quiet Chaeyoung?" She chuckled, hoping the latter would respond with a laugh.

Instead she got, a shrug. Chaeyoung was acting strange. Mina arched an eyebrow, not used to Chaeyoung being quieter than usual. Yeri and Seungwoo were talking, their conversation was a blur as Mina caught herself watching Chaeyoung who was quiet the whole time.

"Well, Chaeyoung and I will get going, we don't want to interrupt your date." Yeri winked, linking her arms with Chaeyoung who only offered a faint smile.

Seungwoo waved his goodbye but Mina's eyes were still locked onto Chaeyoung's back. She was bothered. Mina sighed, "Wait!" She stopped Seungwoo's movement, as well as Chaeyoung and Yeri. The former raised her eyebrow, probably confused.

Mina gestured Seungwoo to stay still before running towards the two others. She glanced at Chaeyoung then at Yeri, "What's wrong?" This time, Chaeyoung spoke, tilting her head just a bit.

Mina grabbed Chaeyoung's wrist, her fingers wrapping around it, she looked at Yeri.

"Can I talk to Chaeyoung for a bit?"

::

Thanks for reading this chapter! 🐧🐯