Chapter 79

Keane

The journey to the cabin could solely be credited to my sheer will power as it had been one of the most difficult things I had to do. I was well aware of how dangerous venturing out into the blizzard was. But I did not care, I just wanted to see and talk to Eden as soon as possible.

After Levi had told me that Eden planned to stay in the cabin for two weeks at which point he would go and pick her up, I had made my decision. Waiting another day was out of question.

Even in the moments in which I found myself in unfortunate situations, like my  snow vehicle crashing into a tree due to the heavy snow fall and the frozen ground beneath me caving in and me being completely soaked with freezing cold water up to my chin, all I could think about was finally seeing Eden again.

I had already wasted precious time we could have instead be spending with each other when I fled after that night of the fight with Vic. So, I didn't want to let even a day go by if I could help it.

After getting out of my involuntary ice bath I had trouble moving forward as my clothes grew stiff with every step I took. I managed to get to the porch because I had been in good shape, I doubt that others would have achieved what I had. But by the time I had the cabin within my range of vision I was running on my very last physical energy reserves.

Standing in front of the door I could barely speak up and knock because I was moments away from losing my consciousness. When finally hoarse words managed to escape my throat I was relieved when moments later the door was opened. At that point my body just gave up and I fell onto her and blacked out.

I was completely senseless and I couldn't tell how much time had passed and what was happening around me. When I could bring myself to open my eyelids every once in a while, which were as heavy as lead, all I saw was flickering lights and the contour of a person. In my deliriousness I forgot where I was and couldn't tell who it was. However, in my mind images of Eden came flashing and  I felt and knew I was in safe hands.

When my body finally had an acceptable core temperature I could feel rather than see a weight on my chest in the dark. In that moment I still wasn't sure if I was awake or if I was dreaming.

I was aroused by the nearness and warmth of the body lying on top of me. Despite not seeing Eden's face to verify the person's identity, my senses instantly recognized her scent, the warmth of her skin, the shape of her body. Instinctively, I began to move to seek a release for my pentup desire that had built up in my system during the last months.

During the whole intense sexual intercourse, I had my eyes closed in addition to the already existing darkness. It felt different than any lovemaking I had had before, almost dreamlike. I really couldn't be sure. I drifted back into sleep after an earthshattering climax.

I woke up covered in sweat under several layers of blankets. Disorientated, I looked around until I remembered where I was and what had happened, but Eden was nowhere to be seen. It was already way past noon and I wondered where she was.

Did I really just dream about sleeping with her?

I got up and wrapped a blanket around my hips as I didn't want to reuse my wet clothes from the previous night to look for Eden. She was asleep in the master bedroom and wore a jacket and a robe on top of her pajamas because she covered me with all the available blankets she could find and left nothing for herself.

She was rolled up into a small human ball with her knees to her chest and her hands underneath her chin and that made me smile. I covered her petite form with some blankets and turned around to take care of my clothes.

I washed all my clothes in the washing machine and took a long, hot shower in the bathroom adjacent to the master bedroom where Eden slept. After my shower she was still fast asleep and as I walked past the bed I saw that she had kicked off the blanket and was lying on her back. I decided to help her out of her jacket to make her comfortable.

Eden slept through all that as well. My appearance on the porch yesterday obviously took a toll on her and tired her out. I sat down on a chair next to the bed and held her hand for a while as I watched her sleep like a creepy stalker person, but I did it uninhibitedly. I missed seeing her so much, I had to make up for the lost time and feast my eyes on her as much as possible at every available moment that presented itself to me.

After some time I left her and went to the kitchen to brew some much needed coffee. As I waited I had many thoughts run through my head. One thing I was sure by then was that I had the most intense sexual experience with her yesterday. What put my doubts about that to rest were some scratch marks on my back and my bottom which I saw when I walked past the mirror in the bathroom.

I racked my brain to envision the whole scene again in my brain. I was astonished at how vivid the pictures where in my head despite being half unconscious and only driven by some animalistic instincts that have heretofore never awoken in me.

Eden entered the kitchen area while I was sipping my coffee, deep in thought about last night. My eyes followed her every move, like a hawk fixating its prey before swooping down to devour it. She barely looked at me and her face was blushing as she busied herself with the coffee machine. "Good morning." Her greeting was a murmur and I could hear a shakiness in her voice.

I couldn't help but smile to myself at thought of what could be the reason for her blushing. First option would be my state of undress, or second, last night's intense lovemaking. If I had to guess I would have said that both were equally responsible for the redness in her face. 

In that moment I decided for myself to conjure the rosiness in her cheeks as often as possible. I was confident that her anger towards me would disappear quickly with a few reinforcements on my part. Eden was certainly angry at me for not trusting her and for ignoring her the last few months, but the magnetic attraction between us was as palpable as ever if not even more intense than before the fight. 

But I was willing to give her as much time as she wanted and needed to come around and open up to me again. I would pursue, court, woo her, and go after her like a junkie after his next fix. The whole debacle with her Ex made me realize that the part of my heart I gave to her was irrevocably hers forever and that I could not exist wholly again without her in my life.

I will make her fall in love with me again and by the time we leave the cabin I had to be sure that she would say yes to a future of us together. 

*