Chapter 26

Eden

Running towards the front door and opening it hastily without looking through the peephole, I was surprised by what greeted me. My eyes widened. What was the meaning of this?

It was Keane beaming at me with only boxers and a shirt on. It means he wants to stay over at my place tonight. My wish had been granted. I was excited at the prospect and grinned brightly at him. "Wanna watch a movie with me? Or are you too tired already?" He asked while looking me up and down, eyes growing wider by the moment as he took in my white silk nightgown. "I would love to," I replied, as I didn't want the special day to end quite yet.

"Well, actually, after seeing you like this...forget about the movie," he wiggled with his eyebrows. I laughed out loud, "No! Let's go watch a movie." He was already stretching his arm out, to grab me, but I shook my head to say no. "Oh, okay," he agreed before he murmured under his breath, "There is still plenty of time for some magic later." I giggled as I was close enough to hear his words, and nudged him gently on his chest.

"Let's go," he said as he grabbed my keys and locked the door for me while I ogled his hot body from behind. When he was done he intertwined his fingers with mine and led the way. However, we didn't go to his apartment as I thought we would, instead he led me to the elevator that had already been on our floor. "Where are we going?" I asked, "I don't even have slippers on, Keane." He looked down at my bare feet, "Don't worry I'm prepared for any eventualities." I wasn't sure what he meant by that, but I trusted him so I didn't ask any further.

We got onto the elevator and he pressed the button for the top floor. Watching movie on the roof? That sounded fun. I was excited. Once we reached the destined floor, he held both his hand over my eyes and led the way by pushing me along with his body, "I want you to have the full impact." Impact of what?

When he finally stopped, I was already bursting with curiosity. He took his hands down, and I looked around. My orbs grew as big as saucers full of wonder. It was the most enchanting thing my eyes ever beheld.

I was standing under a roofless gazebo with white cloth draping on all four pillars. Instead of a ceiling there were countless fairy lights above my head and hanging on all four sides. I was surrounded by pillows and cozy blankets. There was an assortment of food, from sweets to popcorn, to pizza and drinks. The screen was just a big white linen sheet fixed on the wall and the projector sat on a small pedestal in front of the gazebo.

With my eyes wide and my mouth opened, I looked around for Keane who stood an arms length away from me staring at me intently with gleams in his. "Do you like it?" I nodded vigorously. "I'm glad, because this was the reason for my texting and calling earlier while we had dinner. I'm really sorry about that, by the way," he explained, "Alex helped me. He got everything I needed and helped me prepare, too. I couldn't have done it so quickly if it wasn't for him, so I can't take all the credit."

While he talked, I just stared at him in wonder and amazement. I love him. He is too good to be true. "Pinch me," I ordered him. "What? Why?" He asked confused. "Because I think I am dreaming. You must be a dream," I almost whispered. He chuckled and came closer, but instead of pinching me, he took my lips in a passionate kiss that left me breathless, "Do you still think you're dreaming?"

I shook my head. "No. You're my dream come true," I replied in earnest while caressing his cheek. He kissed my palm that was on his face and took both in his hands. "And you are mine," he said gently as he raised my hands to his lips to give a soft peck at the back of both of them. I had a lump in my throat, and tears in my eyes. The love I felt for the man standing in front of me was bursting out of my small frame. It was difficult to contain.