Chapter 3

Eden

It had been a while since the last time I went to a club.

Having been in a relationship for so long with a guy who just loves to stay home, made me almost forget the rush and excitement caused by a crowd moving  to good music.

Oh no. I won't let thoughts of the jerk ruin my night out with Megan.

I beamed at my friend as we made our way into the club, trying to find a place to hang out first, before we hit the dance floor. We both loved to dance to music. We already had some drinks at home while getting ready. So we were already in a very good mood.

We found a guy sitting alone at a table near the dance floor. His sad eyes were roaming the place, looking but not really seeing anything or anyone.

Megan looked at me, winked, and I knew what she meant. We headed straight to him.

"Hey there! Are you enjoying yourself? Are you alone? Do you want some company? Do you mind if we sit down?" Megan pointed at the empty seats with her pouted lips, smiled and winked at the guy.

The guy must have not expected to be approached. He was taken aback, but quickly recovered himself, and smiled back at us.

"Hi! Meeeh. Yep. Sure. No, I don't mind." he replied grinning.

He was quick. Megan and I liked that. We sat down.

"I'm Alex. Alex Sinclair. Nice to meet you. Have a seat. You both look amazing. What do you want to drink? I just ordered another round of beer, the waitress will be back soon." he said.

I opened my mouth to talk, but stopped when I saw the look in Megan's face. She was staring at him wide-eyed. As if in wonder.

What was she looking at?

I looked at Alex closely to find out what was causing Megan's stupor. He was a handsome guy with dark blonde hair, dark eyes and a killer smile made for a toothpaste commercial. Alex was dressed in a light blue, skin fitted shirt, with his sleeves rolled up, showing strong arms. He was well-groomed. His smile was warm and welcoming. All in all a good looking chap.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Megan. Megan Roberts. You can call me Megan, or Meg, or whatever. She calls me Bobbie. You know, because of my last name, Roberts. It's idiotic, I know. Ems started it." Megan laughed nervously as she looked around at me, to escape his gaze.

She was nervous. What? Why?

Then it hit me. She liked him. No, that was an understatement. She liked him a lot.

Megan looked into my eyes, confused. She hadn't figured out her behavior yet.

She continued nervously. "And this is my friend Eden. Eden Marie Simmons. People call her Eden. I call her Ems. It's an acronym, you know, the first letters of her whole name. E - M - S."

Oh my god?! What was happening here? Megan was completely flustered. She must have fallen really hard. I wondered if she had already realized it.

"Hi, Alex. Nice to meet you too." I greeted him with a small smile.

The waitress came and brought his beer. He looked at us quizzically.

Alex wanted to know what we wanted to drink. He looked at Megan who was smiling nervously at him and then back at me. And since Megan didn't reply to his silent question, I decided to order the usual for us. Apparently, my friend's thinking capacity was being hemmed by the attractiveness of the guy sitting across the table. I had to do something.