Chapter 76

Keane

What did he say? Can this all be true? 

Vic had planned everything. The pictures, the media coverage had been all his doing. And on top of that he had spiked Eden's drink to stage a scene for me; a compelling one that he had been sure I would be willingly and immediately believe given my past. He didn't even have to dig deep into my past to know and read about my broken engagement with Amanda.

Oh my god. What have I done?

It was me who ruined everything, and not Eden. Ugh. And to think that I was the one who ran away and hid from her and she was the one chasing after me just to talk to me and explain herself. She didn't give us up. She didn't give me up. 

What the f*ck have I done to us?

How can I fix this? Can I even fix this?

After the scene in her apartment, where I raged like a madman, she must be thinking that I am no better than her Ex. I am just as easily capable of violence and brutality. 

No. No.

She wouldn't have been looking for me with Levi if that was the case. 

She still hasn't given up on me. Us. 

I have to make things right. Whatever it takes. I will not give her up without a fight. 

*

The following day I decided to leave the cabin and my reclusive life behind and go back home and fix the relationship that I had broken because of my stupidity. It was a long drive home with my motorcycle, but the long trip did me good. I had time to think about my mistake.

I had learned my lesson. Trust is a fragile thing that one gives to the person one loves in the hopes that the significant other would handle it with care. Eden never gave me a reason not to trust her. She gave me her trust. It was I who couldn't give her that fragile trust which I had given Amanda so freely. The delicate thing that was broken in Amanda's care had not been fixed yet when I fell in love with Eden. That was why Vic was able to rattle the fundamentals of our partnership so easily. Because I was not capable of completely trusting Eden.

Not anymore.

At least now, I could tell that there was one positive aspect that came from the whole debacle with Vic. I was confronted with my problem of trusting others, especially my loved ones, which I finally had to face and tend to. 

*

Three days after Levi's visit in my cabin, I arrived at Eden's place and rang her doorbell. She didn't open the door nor did she answer my call when I rang her phone. 

She must be at work.

So I drove to the hospital she worked at and was stunned by the news that she had taken some time off, an unpaid leave for an indefinite period of time. 

At that point I knew who else to call, Levi, but he too didn't answer my call. In my desperation I drove to the Holloway mansion in hopes of finding my brother there to ask him about Eden. 

He had to know where she was. They drove to the cabin to find me together. 

Upon my arrival at the house, the butler informed me that Levi was gone but that he was expected to arrive later that night. After a few unanswered calls to my brother I decided to just wait at the house and while doing so catch some sleep. I fell into a deep slumber instantly which had not happened since that day. It was because I knew what I had to do. 

Find Eden and conquer her heart again. 

*

When I woke up the sun was already shining. I had slept through the night which was also something that I had not been able to do in a while. It didn't take long for me to find Levi to ask him about Eden. He was at the dining table eating breakfast.

"There you are. Good morning, sleepy blockhead," he had just taken a gulp from his cup. "What's up?"

He asked the question surely just to tease me. He knew exactly what was going on and what I wanted from him.

"Where is Eden?"

"What's going on? Where are your manners?" He began spreading some butter on his bread. "No good morning to you too, brother?"

"Good morning to you too, brother." I parroted him. 

"And?"

"And what?" I was starting to get irritated.

He took a bite from his bread, chewed it slowly before continuing. "How about thank you for finding me and thank you for telling me the truth about Vic even though I didn't want to hear it."

I took a deep breath to calm myself down. His cockiness was getting on my nerves.

"Yeah, whatever. I don't have time for this. Tell me, now. Where is Eden?"

"You won't be able to get to her." He said those words as a matter of factly.

"What? Why?"

"She is staying at our cabin on the mountain and there is a snowstorm expected to hit that same region some time today. So, you can't go to her now. You better wait for her to come back. She told me to get her in a fortnight."

I had to have looked worried to him because he continued talking.

"Don't worry though. She'll be fine. I prepared everything. There is enough food and everything there to last her over a month."

I nodded before turning around to leave.

"Hey. Where are you going?"

"I'm going to her."

"You're insane. Dude, the snowstorm is no joke. You could die out there. At least wait until the storm has passed."

"I can't wait. I don't want to wait. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine."

And with those words I made my way to the cabin to see her again and talk to her. I fought my way through a raging snowstorm because I couldn't wait to be with her again.

*

Hello lovely readers!

I hope you liked this chapter. Thank you for reading! I am very grateful.

Who is ready for their meet-up?

I hope to hear from you! Leave a comment or more! Tell me what you think!

Please consider clicking the star button to like this chapter! Share this story, spread the word. It would mean so much to me!

This chapter has not been proofread yet, so please forgive my errors.

Yours,
Callie