Chapter 49

Eden

I didn't even ask him where he was driving to. It didn't matter to me as long as we were together. And just like that my bad mood was gone and I looked forward to a time together with the man I loved. The drive was long, and it was already late when we arrived at the marina. He held my hand and led us in front of a yacht named Belle.

We talked during the drive about the paternity test and he told me how James and Levi reacted. I was honored and deeply touched by his trust in me by sharing his thoughts and his fear of rejection by his new family. There was a glint of sparkle in his eyes, something that I had never seen there before when he spoke about them. He was clearly pleased with the news, and I was just as happy for him as he deserved it and even more.

I was surprised when he told me that it was Levi's idea to leave the city for a while because of his father's intent to announce to the media that he had a son, an illegitimate one.

"I got a taste of that media craziness that surrounds the Holloway family just today when I saw my pictures on the paper," I said bitterly, "Ugh. I hope my parents won't see it. It's a good thing they don't read that kind of gossip rag."

"This short getaway trip will be some kind of recharging the batteries before we go back and find ourselves the center of attention by the media for a while," he looked at me apologetically, as if he was somehow at fault, "But I'm sure it won't last long."

"Don't apologize and don't worry about me. I'm fine with it?" He and I grinned at the last statement that sounded more like a question, "I'm sure it will be no big deal." We both nodded simultaneously, as if trying to convince one another and find solace in each of those head movements.

After finding out all those things about his family, I came to the conclusion that my suspension was actually a blessing in disguise. We could now spend some much needed time together after the fiasco with my work and his issues with his father and brother.

The moment we halted in front of the yacht, I realized that some time away from the hustle and bustle of the city to enjoy some peace and quiet outside of it was exactly what we both wanted. It was the perfect getaway.

"Wow." My eyes widened and my mouth fell open at the beauty in front of us. "Is she yours?"

"Ha." He chuckled, "I wish." With a wink he grabbed my wrist and led the way to the yacht. She was about fifty meters long. I had never seen such magnificence up close. We were greeted by Captain Fredriksen and the crew, a chef and several assistants.

Once inside the yacht, I couldn't stop gawking like a cartoon character whose eyes had grown the size of saucers and whose mouth was as big as the black hole itself. So much splendor and luxury was inconceivable for a mere mortal, a humble person of modest background, like me. I had to have gulped several times but my throat still felt dry as I simply couldn't find the right words to say at the beauty of it all.

The captain showed us everything; the living area with white marbled floors, on top of which an elegant half round shaped couch along with two fauteuils were on a soft beige colored carpet, with a glass coffee table in the middle of it. The dining area was right next to it, the master suite was once again an impressive spot, with a king size bed and windows on both sides whence one could look into the ocean, and adjourned to it was an elegant bathroom completely in white marble, as well as a dressing room.