Chapter 21

Eden

Where had he been? Had he been on a date like me? Wait, I wasn't on a date. It was just dinner. What if he also went to dinner with another woman? Should I or should I not go over there now and knock at his door to ask him?

I stumbled back, away from my door into my living room, the alcohol I had consumed earlier seemed to have finally reached it's full effect. Feeling overheated, I stripped down to my panties leaving a trail of clothes all over my apartment behind and grabbed a shirt from my closet. The bed looked so very inviting. However, thoughts of Keane prevented me from falling into the temptation of lying down onto the softness of my mattress.

I needed more courage potion! With already unsteady steps I went into the kitchen and opened a bottle of red wine. I drank straight from it and began pacing back and forth in my living room.

I should definitely go there! Just ask him! The worst that could happen is that he'll refuse to answer! Nope! That's not the worst thing! The worst would be if he told me he was seeing other women aside from me!

That thought almost brought tears to my eyes. Stop! Focus! Those are just speculations! Not facts! I need facts! I want facts! Walking round and round the coffee table, I weighed the pros and cons of going over to Keane's place to confront him. Was I ready to lose him? No! But I wasn't ready to be just one of many women either, which would be the worst case scenario! It was one thing to see each other with no strings attached, but I did hope it included some sort of exclusivity. I didn't know how long I walked circles around the small table, but there was considerably less wine in the bottle when I reached a conclusion.

That's it! I'm going! But I'm drunk! I'll regret it tomorrow! Nope! I'm not that drunk! I know what I'm doing! Go!

With the red wine bottle in my hand, I slowly made my way to my door. The fact that it took me a while to open it should have made me realize that I was too drunk after all to discuss anything with anyone, but I was too inebriated to realize even that.

"Ha! I did it!" I exclaimed triumphantly as I managed to open my door with one hand while holding the bottle in the other. "Pssshht!" I shushed myself putting my forefinger over my lips. I went over to Keane's door and rang the door bell. Ring! Ring! Ring! After about a minute, there was still no answer and no movement coming from the other side of it.

What if he was already asleep?

Of course he was asleep! It's fûcking late! Retreat! Retreat! I should have called him first to check if he was still up! I'm an idiot!

I backed away from his door, returned to mine and tried to open it. Kneeling down to have a better view of the keyhole, I put the wine bottle on the floor next to me. My hands just couldn't stay steady long enough for me to push the key in, once it was aligned with the hole.

"Uhumm!" I heard someone clear his throat and I slowly, like in a slow motion picture, turned my head to look behind me. It was Keane with ruffled hair, who looked like he just got out of bed. He wore an amused grin, "What are you doing to your door?"

"I'm trying to open it!" I giggled. Admiring his sexy naked torso, my eyes widened when I realized I was staring at his boxer briefs. He was standing while I was kneeling. His bulge was at my eye level which made me swallow, hard. Trying to quench my sudden thirst, I looked around for my bottle and took a big swig.