Chapter 43

Eden

We were kissing heatedly and I could feel him pulling away the blanket that was covering his naked lower body and separating it from mine. I moaned in pleasure as he positioned himself between my legs.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

"Eden. Keane. Are you hungry? Breakfast is ready," came Alex's voice from the other side of the door.

Hearing those words made my eyes widen and I blushed in shame at the realization that we almost did it in Alex's place with them waiting outside. Keane, on the other hand, looked furious to say the least, but hearing his swearing made it funny instead of frightening. "I'm gonna kill him. Wring his neck. Shoot him in the head. Cut off his limbs very slowly." He hissed between his lips. That made me giggle as I pushed him off me.

Keane lied down on his back with his arms and legs spread out and continued with the many ways he wanted to snuff Alex out, "Paper cut his whole body a thousand times, drench him with vinegar and then throw him in a pool full of hungry piranhas." He looked almost too irresistible, the way he stared at the ceiling, naked and inviting on the bed. Only his hilarious mumblings of killing methods and the fact that Megan and Alex were on the other side of the door stopped me from jumping Keane there and then.

He winked at me and I had to giggle even more. While I put my clothes back on, he very slowly did the same, all the while still murmuring funny ways to make Alex suffer. "Mummify him alive. Death by cheese grater. Death à la Sweeney Todd and turn him into a delicious meat pie." At that I had to laugh out loud and he just grinned at me while he put his pants on.

"Leave him at a bee farm without a suit. Give him an eyeball piercing. Reenact the gladiator and make him face a tiger." I simply couldn't stop myself from snorting, I had to hold my hands over my tummy from laughing too hard. Needless to say, it took us a while to get ready. When we were done putting on our clothes he still didn't stop with his jokes about Alex's demise. I had tears in my eyes from all the mirth.

Once outside the guest room, Keane immediately made a beeline for Alex and grabbed his neck and put him into a chokehold, "You're lucky there are people here who could be witnesses in a trial or I would have murdered you already." Alex looked surprised to say the least, and asked confused, "What? What did I do?"

Watching the whole scenario made me laugh so hard I had to hold on to a chair by the dining table where Megan sat. "Tsk. Tsk. He is an idiot sometimes," she winked at me and then her eyebrows started to dance in a wiggling movement telling me that she knew exactly what Keane and I had been up to.

"What?" I asked innocently, "We didn't do anything." At that she grinned, "Oh really? Why is Keane trying to choke my boyfriend to death?" I snorted like a pig at her logic. Megan then stood up to help her guy by giving Keane a deathly stare, "Release him, or you shall feel my wrath." Keane let go of a sputtering Alex, lifted both of his arms as if in surrender, and winked at her.

I watched Keane sit down on a chair next to me and felt happy and content, he too had his smiling eyes on me the whole time. We both heard Alex say "Ouch" and looked at them to see Megan elbowing him, "I told you to leave them alone, dummy."

It was one of the most enjoyable breakfast I had ever had. When Megan asked me why I was giggling like a schoolgirl when we came out of the room, I told her about Keane's jokes. Her face lit up and she began to think. A few moments later Keane and Megan alternately come up with ideas of how to hurt Alex.