Chapter 25

Eden

The both of us were like broken glass that was finally puzzled together with that tight embrace, and my tears and our feelings for each other were the glue that kept the pieces in place.

I didn't know how long we stayed in that position, locked in that tight embrace. My whole body was tingling, bursting with excitement and adrenaline. It's real. We are real. Our relationship is real. If anyone had asked me in that very moment how I felt, I wouldn't have been able to form a coherent sentence. My mind was blank, as if my heart has grown into an incredible size and needed more blood, hence the lack of juice for my brain.

That state of bafflement and amazement was even magnified when he pulled away to stare into my eyes. I wondered if mine looked exactly like his. His were full of emotion, of hope and happiness, and something else I didn't know how to put into words. No. I was sure I wore the exact same expression if not even more intense.

Everything that happened from that moment onwards, until the end of the day, did so in slow motion. As if my mind was trying to tattoo every single image of this special occasion into my brain to be remembered, to last a lifetime and even beyond that. I watched him lean in closer to me, my face. My lips were prickling with anticipation, my mouth was dried out. It needed quenching of a thirst that only his lips and tongue could provide.

When his mouth finally touched mine, I instantly felt a difference. Our kissing had changed. The rush of excitement had increased, redoubled. It was as if we had kissed for the very first time, which one could argue, it kind of was; our first kiss as a real couple.

To call it the most intoxicating sensation was an understatement, as it felt more than that. I finally understood the notion of being addicted to someone's kisses, touches, mere presence, as I was overcome with exactly those feelings. And I loved it, welcomed it, rejoiced in it, and I never wanted it to stop.

He carried me to my bed and the emotions and thrill of anticipation were almost too difficult to contain. I knew that our lovemaking would be different too, at least as good as, if not better. And I couldn't wait.

*

It was...

the most sensual physical union of two people who were connected on a level so deep, our souls seemed to have been united too.

We stayed in bed for a long time. There was a lot of kissing. My lips already felt sensitive to the touch, which had never happened before. I didn't know lips could get this raw just from kissing.

Our cuddling and incessant loving making would have gone on indefinitely had we not been interrupted by my hungry stomach which growled loudly during a moment of silence. I had my head on his naked chest, and was just enjoying the feeling of blissful contentment when it happened. He chuckled and looked down to face me, "Let's get you something to eat before your stomach gets even angrier." He winked at me and I giggled.

We got ready to go out and were on the street in no time. I was so excited to go out with him, to show him off to the world as my boyfriend. I wanted everyone to know that he belonged to me, and I to him, that we belonged together.

We walked around so close to each other, his right arm was around my waist as was my left, my head was leaning on his side, and we held hands, our fingers intertwined.