Chapter 27

Eden

We both went down to his apartment carrying as much of the things with us as possible. In the end there was only the gazebo left, which Keane planned on taking down later that day. After a quick breakfast we both went to sleep, as I could barely keep my eyes open and kept yawning throughout the entire meal. I earned amused grins from my boyfriend, which made my heart flutter. I wonder when his smile, his face, no, his mere presence will stop affecting me so. I hope never.

To say I was tired was a big understatement, since I thought that I started snoring once my head touched the pillow. I was completely exhausted. The recent events had taken their toll on me, not in the least in a bad way. All those adrenaline rushes, heart racing and of course the action under the sheets had to have contributed to my intense fatigue. I instantly fell into a deep slumber.

*

Tickling sensations on my neck were the first thing I felt, when I finally woke up. I turned around towards the softness that was caressing me and slowly opened my eyes. Keane's mesmerizing smiling face greeted me and I was immediately awake. "Hey there, sleepyhead," he winked. To wake up next to this man that I loved so much had to be one of life's greatest joys; for me at least. I smiled at him and moved even closer to his body for an embrace.

He wrapped his arms around me as I laid my head on his chest and twined my legs around his. Hearing his heart beat and feeling his breath on me conjured a moment of blissful contentment that I wished would never end. The feeling of his nearness and his warmth made all the love I had bottled inside me came bubbling up from the depths of my heart. It was overwhelming how intense my feelings had become in the short period of time that I realized I loved him, but that was just how it was for me, and I didn't want it any other way.

"I already switched off the alarm clock on your phone," he began, "It had been ringing for quite a while before I woke up. But you, my dear. I think only a bomb blast could have awoken you from that deep sleep." I giggled. "I was planning on tickling you next had you not awoken from my kisses to your neck after a long time."

"No. You wouldn't dare," I said as I looked up to face him. I was slowly disentangling my legs from his and was mentally and physically preparing myself to move away from him. The glint of mischief in his eyes gave his intentions away and I rolled my body over to the edge of the bed. I was already in a sitting position when he grabbed me by my tummy and pushed me back on the mattress.

His quick movements startled me, as he was suddenly on top of me. "No! Don't do it!" I squeaked, "Don't even think about it! I'm very very ticklish." He held both of my wrists and slowly lifted them over my head, "Oh! You shouldn't have said that! Wrong move, my lady!" My eyes widened at what he was about to do. I was already starting to giggle. "If you had told me that you weren't easily tickled, I might have reconsidered. But now! Now, I just have to," he said before rubbing his beard on my neck and my armpits.

I roared, snorted and shook with laughter until tears of glee trickled down my face, "Please! Please! Stop! Enough! I can't!" My begging didn't deter him from attacking my sides with his one hand while the other held both of my wrists over my head in place. It was only when my screams had become those silent open mouthed ones that had me struggling for air, that he chose to show mercy and finally stopped. He was grinning down at me, "You're pretty loud! I didn't know! I only stopped because I think the neighbors might call the police on us."

"You!" I exclaimed, "How could you?" I wiped the tears off my face. "Someone may have thought that I was slaughtering a pig here. You and your snorting and squeaking sounded like a pig in distress," he chuckled. My eyes widened, "Did you just call me a pig?" He laughed out loud, "I didn't call you a pig! I merely said that you sounded like one while I was torturing you."