Chapter 115 - Vows

Playlist:

❶ "Holmes and Elizabeth"—Young Sherlock Holmes OST

❷ "From This Moment On"—Shania Twain and Bryan White

❸ "Marion's Theme"—Raiders of the Lost Ark OST

"Naluma?" The timid voice of Kallay Flo'et echoed through the intercom

"Naluma?" The timid voice of Kallay Flo'et echoed through the intercom. "You awake yet?"

She yelled from where she stood in front of the mirror holding up her purple gown. Her purple lace lingerie scratched her abdomen. "Come in."

The Jedi Master turned to see Kallay holding a garment bag. Jannah followed behind her with a cosmetics case.

"What's that?" Naluma pointed to the bag as she laid her dress on the bed and sat down. Kallay joined her while Jannah arranged the make-up kit on Naluma's dresser.

"Um, I never delivered my mission report last week when I came in." She raised her eyes to the ceiling and scrunched her face. "Sorry."

"Not a big deal. Do it tomorrow."

Kallay shook her head. "You know how you're always telling me to follow the Force's leading?"

Naluma nodded, not sure where this was going.

"I did." She looked down and fiddled with the zip on the back. "I didn't finish the mission on Arbooine. I finished it on Naboo."

"Go on."

"Just had this compulsion to go there. Carllili did to." Kallay stopped for a moment. "And the funny thing is ... when we got back to our A-wings, coordinates were already set for the planet."

Jannah joined them on the bed while Naluma leaned in. "Did you see any Force-ghosts?"

Kallay shook her head. "No. It's funny though. I thought we were headed to Theed, the capital, but it took us to this villa on Lake Varykino up in the mountains."

"How'd you get that?" Naluma pointed to the bag.

"A funny old woman, not even sure what her species is. Short. Maybe a little taller than a meter. She had a jetpack strapped to her back and repulsor rifle in her hand. I'll never forget those eyes and the way she looked at me when she removed her special lenses." Kally stared at the ceiling as if remembering the details. "Anyway, she met us at the lake shore and handed me a small case. She said, 'Take it. For the Jedi Master's bride. His father wants her to have it. Go now, before they catch us.'"

Kallay started unzipping the bag. "We stopped at a space station. Didn't want to risk bringing a bomb in or something. When we opened it, we found this." She handed Naluma an old holodisc. Then she removed a white lace gown from the bag and hung it over the refresher door jamb.

When Naluma activated the disc, a distorted image of a couple on a terrace appeared. The woman was wearing the dress. A young Anakin stood beside her, holding her hand. Naluma gasped as a tear ran down her cheek. "That's Luke's father. But who's the woman?"