Chapter 91 - Leadership

Playlist:

❶ "Preparing for Battle"—The Patriot OST

"Listen up, you nerfherders. Ain't no chow line until ya get this right." Naluma stepped in front of Wei'ahtt, leaning her face centimeters in front of his nose. "And you, Gundark Breath, are now on firewatch."

"But—"

"Do I hear something coming out of that snout, Gundark Breath? Drop and give me twenty."

As Wei'ahtt started the set of push-ups, Naluma turned to the rest of the squad. "Now, again, About! Shift the weight of your body to the left leg without noticeable movement. Face! For the count of one, place the ball of the right foot in a position touching the d—"

"Sergeant Cane," Colonel Keelu said, interrupting her Teach-Back to the squad.

"Squad, Atten-hut!" Corporal Darvan commanded as Naluma saluted the colonel.

Keelu said with his eyes growing wide, "My office, now, Sergeant. Corporal Darvan will take over."

"Sir, yes, sir," Naluma responded with another salute before following the colonel .

Before she had moved too far away, Wei'ahtt sent to her, What's up?

No idea. Not too sure about Darvan.

Do you think he's involved with the missing recruits?

Perhaps, or maybe something else. Keep your eyes open.

Will do. 

When the colonel and Naluma entered his office, he sat at his desk while she remained standing at attention

When the colonel and Naluma entered his office, he sat at his desk while she remained standing at attention. She jumped when he pulled a holocron out of his file and slammed it on his desk. "Sergeant Cane, can you tell me why a fleet captain would send a priority hologram to one of my sergeants?"

Naluma remained silent as a million thoughts poured through her head. Is this a death notification? Did Wedge get my message? Why didn't Tandolleau or Jannah send it? Are they all right?

"I'm waiting for an answer."

Naluma swallowed as she thought how she could word this without blowing her cover. "Death notification?"