Chapter 111 - Ben Again

Playlist:

❶ "Binary Sunset/The Hologram"—A New Hope OST

❷ "Jessica's Sonata"—The Man from Snowy River OST

After spending the four days of transit to Khalkha in rapt study of the Journal, Luke made a decision—give it to Lor San Tekka and let him decide for himself

After spending the four days of transit to Khalkha in rapt study of the Journal, Luke made a decision—give it to Lor San Tekka and let him decide for himself. If Luke wasn't imagining things, then the cleric would come to the same decision. But an old Jedi proverb rattled in his brain.

This is not going to go the way you think.

When Luke landed, he sensed trouble. He ranged out with the Force for his nephew first. What in the world is he doing in the woodshed? Luke checked his chronometer. Shouldn't he be in class right now? He shook his head. Better go find Naluma.

He jogged through the entry and down the corridor to her classroom. He caught her eye through the hatch window. Naluma smiled with warmth and nodded for him to enter the beginning mechanics lab.

"Class, I have programmed a malfunctioning droid demo to your datapads. You are to figure out what is wrong and correct it. This is not a group project, so no talking and no mind-speech."

Naluma led Luke into the deserted corridor. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him.

He pushed her back abruptly. "Where's Ben?"

"I sent him to his dorm for disrupting the classroom." Naluma frowned.

Luke scowled and placed his hands on his hips. "He's not in his dorm. He's in the woodshed."

Naluma started to leave, but Luke grabbed her elbow. "No, I'll go. If he's already disrupting your class, then I need to deal with this."

Luke kissed her again, this time with the passion of their last kiss before he left. "I've missed you, my love." His baby blue eyes melted as they gazed into hers. "Can I make it up to you tonight? My study? 1800?"

Naluma stroked his cheek and kissed him lightly. "What's the dress code?"

Luke thought of his surprise for her and said, "Formal. Wear your purple gown."

"The purple it is." She winked at him. "You'll just miss out on another new dress. Don't you want to see me in a slinky red sheath?"

He shook his head and bit his lip in anticipation. "Next time. But purple tonight."

"