Chapter 94 - Pre-Flight Visions

Playlist:

❶ "March of the Resistance"—The Force Awakens OST  

 "Holmes and Elizabeth"—Young Sherlock Holmes OST

❶ Wearing one of Luke's spare uniforms, Naluma joined Jannah and Tandolleau while they pre-tripped the Y-wings

❶ Wearing one of Luke's spare uniforms, Naluma joined Jannah and Tandolleau while they pre-tripped the Y-wings. Naluma tugged at the tunic, pulling the shoulders back into position. Short in the cut, the length barely touched her waist. However, the broader shoulders in the tunic collapsed on her smaller frame.

The secondary lightsaber he had acquired for the mission swung at her right hip. At least I was able to hem these trousers, she thought as she approached the dilapidated Y-wing Jannah inspected. I'd be tripping every time I took a step. "Is this the one Luke came in on?"

Not turning her head back, Jannah answered, "Yeah. Nothing else available. Deck crew tells me it's a hundred percent."

Naluma lifted a fuselage siding and shined her glow lamp into the deep recesses of the engine compartment. "I'm not climbing in that until I've verified its readiness."

Tandolleau laughed from the other side. "Jannah, you owe me. Fork it over."

Naluma glanced between the two as Jannah pulled a slim card out of her pocket. "What's that?"

"Jannah won this music chip from Silver Three during Sabacc last night." Tandolleau held up the chip to Naluma. "But now, she won't even get a chance to listen to it. It's all mine. Say good-bye to the Takodana Twisters, Jannah." He lifted the card to his lips and kissed it.

Artoo beeped from his socket behind the cockpit.

"You said it, Artoo." Naluma winked at the droid. "Glad to see you back in action."

The droid whirred and beeped a friendly reply.

Naluma laughed as she ducked her head inside the power converter compartment, shining her glow lamp toward the back. "Hey, Chief!"

A short Sullustan with black, oval eyes, two dewflaps on their cheeks, and two big ears resembling the shashini's ears, hurried to Naluma.

She focused her glow lamp behind the power converter. "You replace these converters?"

"Yes, Jedi, yes," Master Chief Grao Vup answered while bowing with respect.

"What about these cables?"

"No. Perfect condition," he said as he pointed to the terminal post.

"Maybe there, but not back here where it connects to life support." Naluma shifted her body so the mechanic could see for himself. "Go get me some new cables—in the packages. Don't bring me any recycled junk."