Chapter 83 - Dual Sabers

Playlist:

❶ "Sons of Scotland"—Braveheart OST

That evening, the remaining four Jedi and Artoo met in the combat arena

That evening, the remaining four Jedi and Artoo met in the combat arena. Luke carried an alternate lightsaber on his belt, as did Tandolleau and Jannah. Naluma wore the holsters and police batons Luke had given her, with both Wei'ahtt's and her own lightsabers concealed inside the hollow chambers of the batons.

As he bent over with his legs spread apart, Luke said, "Limber up first. Soresu drills next with as many remotes as we can find in here. And I don't want just saber work. We need to practice running through the bolts at top speed, holding them off with the Force if you can. Naluma, can you be Frensu?"

She smirked. "Just as long as you keep those laser blasts to a minimum."

"Trust me," he said with a wicked smile.

Just don't tickle me this time.

He smirked. What a wonderful idea.

Naluma shrieked as Luke threw her over his shoulder and used a Force-touch to tickle her side. "Eeek!"

By the time the group had finished their warm-ups and Soresu drills, they were all huffing with exertion and smarting from laser burns

Luke panted as he rubbed his arm to bring back the feeling in it after numerous bolts to the same region. A sheen of sweat glistened his brow.

"We probably won't have our sabers in the courtroom. Also, Tandolleau, I want you to stay with the ships the whole time. I doubt The First Order will allow anyone other than Frensu's counselors in the courtroom anyway." Luke winked at Artoo as the little droid rolled into position. "So, let's try this again, without our weapons." 

"How are you going to get Artoo in?" Naluma nodded at the astromech droid.

"He'll have security video to display. All right, everyone ready?" Luke asked. "Court is now in session."

As soon as the Jedi Master nodded to the little droid, two lightsabers shot out of his dome in sweeping parabolas.

Luke reached out his hand, pulling the saber to him with the Force, while Jannah waited for hers to arrive at her hand. The remotes fired. One struck Jannah before the saber reached her, the delay costing her a laser bolt to her midsection.