Chapter 64 - Khalkha

Playlist:

❶ "In Orbit"—Space Camp OST

 "With Malice Toward None"—Lincoln OST

❸ "Torn Apart"—The Force Awakens OST

❶ Luke didn't feel any negative reverberations from the Force when they entered Wild Space near Endor

❶ Luke didn't feel any negative reverberations from the Force when they entered Wild Space near Endor. A few short hops, and the Elenium dove into the atmosphere of the uncharted planet Khalkha on a bright day. 

While soaring over the virgin forest, Luke and Naluma admired the scenery. He used his excellent piloting skills to take them in for a low-altitude survey of the mountains and deep canyon with the rushing river below.

Naluma pointed to a herd of sleek quadrupeds with antlers. "Look, there, leaping across the rocks. They're beautiful."

The five Padawan crowded into the cockpit, hanging over the shoulders of the Jedi to peer out the viewport. They gazed out the window, mouths open in awe at the endless miles of rolling hills and trees and patches of violet flowers.

Naluma asked, "Anything on that stick about the wildlife?"

"Hmm, I think Taznek called those antlered creatures 'fianna.' We need to watch out for the things he called 'shashini'—they're humongous—and some wild felines called 'melika.' The rest are just pests—eating your supplies and fencing."

When he spied a meadow on the top of a hill not too far from some buildings, he set her down and lowered the ramp. As Naluma and the Padawan rushed to explore the vicinity, Luke put the shuttle into post-flight mode. "Grab the glow lamps, will you?"

The aromatic fragrance of the kederi trees and the mossy smell of loam assaulted their noses. Luke felt Naluma relax as she pulled in the Force, finding it much stronger here than other places. Must be all the trees. He thought to Naluma, Amazing, isn't it?

She nodded and smiled in relaxation and enjoyment. I think I'm going to like it here. Sure beats Zaxyn.

"Artoo, watch over the shuttle, but don't fire on the wildlife."

The little droid chirped cheekily.

"Artoo."

Luke stepped off the ramp last and sealed the shuttle.

"Ah, shucks, Master Luke. Why do that? There's no one here, after all," Padawan Wei'ahtt asked.

"We don't know much about the wildlife on this planet, and I'd rather not come back to one in the shuttle."

While the Padawan raced down the grassy hill to the stone lodge, Luke weaved his fingers into Naluma's hand and pulled her back. He gazed into her black eyes as they opened their Force-bond and let their love spike along it.