Chapter 43 - Ben Solo

Playlist:

❶ "The High Council Meeting and Qui-Gon's Funeral"—The Phantom Menace OST

Han and Chewie spent the next three months searching for a buyer of their perishable cargo

Han and Chewie spent the next three months searching for a buyer of their perishable cargo. The short shelf life increased their worry, as each day brought them closer to losing the shipment and the thousands of credits they owed the seller. 

Within days of the expiration date, the magistrate of Toydaria struck a shrewd deal. The duo would take a small loss on the cargo, but at least they wouldn't lose everything.

Han was already reviewing a few contract offers for their next haul when a sub-light communication beckoned them home.

After a few growls of Shyriiwook, Han asked without looking up from his screen, "What is it, Chewie?"

Chewie rumbled again in Shyriiwook.

Han picked up the headset with a smile. "Leia? Bring it up." When the hologram came to life, the smuggler sighed.

Leia looked more radiant than ever, even though she was thirty-five weeks pregnant. She wore a dark blue dress that concealed her girth, and her hair flowed down her back. "Han, they want to induce me. He's getting too big. Come home."

Chewie barked his agreement with Leia.

"You don't understand, Chewie. If we don't get these credits back to Dahlesh Kohn, we're going to have a death mark on us again. Leia's going to have to wait."

Chewie growled a few more choice words.

"Yes, I'm sure. Plot a jump to Telti."

Chewie roared before turning in the co-pilot's chair and firing up the Falcon. He punched in the coordinates for the Hosnian system.

"What do you think you're doing? This can't wait, Chewie."

He roared back, baring his teeth at his friend.

"Chewie! Now you wait." Han pointed his finger in the face of the massive, hairy co-pilot.

The Wookiee argued with Han with growls and rumbles and even a few roars.

After a few tense moments of staring each other down, Han gave in and climbed into the pilot's seat, course heading set for Hosnian.