Chapter 113 - A New Code

Playlist:

❶ "Jedi Steps and Finale" 0:01–2:11—The Force Awakens OST

The next day Luke met in his study with Lor San Tekka to show him the ancient tome

The cleric's face brightened. "I can't believe this book has been found. I thought the Sith had destroyed all copies after Order 66."

"Not sure where Han came across it."

Lor San Tekka stared at the stained glass window above him, falling into a trance for a moment. When he looked at Luke, his eyes held the look of divine revelation. "That was no mistake. It was hidden and then revealed." He flipped through the pages. "There is so much that we have lost of our past that has now returned."

"Would you mind studying it? Give me your thoughts when you're done? I've noticed some discrepancies between the old and the new."

The priest looked at him with new life in his eyes as he opened the book. "Gladly, Master Skywalker. Any sections in particular?"

Luke winked. "The Force will lead you." As he turned to leave, the book glowed blue, bathing the cleric in its eerie light.

" As he turned to leave, the book glowed blue, bathing the cleric in its eerie light

One week after Luke met with San Tekka, the aged cleric called him into his study. "Come in, Master Skywalker, come in," he said with a new energy. "I have some phenomenal things I need to show you. Phenomenal things."

Luke sat down across from him at the massive wooden desk. He could not help admiring the stained-glass windows at the top of the tower that filtered the bright sunlight into shafts of colored prisms. Bookcases lined the walls, cluttered with books, holocrons, and the occasional artifact from San Tekka's many travels across the galaxy.

The Jedi Master reigned in his eyes as San Tekka opened the tome to the first page. "The first discrepancy I see is in the Jedi creed. The original creed is the entire opposite of the current version. See here: 'Emotion, yet peace' compared with 'There is no emotion, there is peace.' The newer version contradicts half of the original. I never was satisfied with that creed."