Chapter 66 - Padawan Predicaments

Playlist:

❶ "Who Are You?"—The Last Jedi OST

⊘ Silence

❷ "The Blue and the Grey"—Lincoln OST

⊘ Silence

❸ "Lesson One"—The Last Jedi OST

 "The Fencing Lesson"—The Mask of Zorro OST

⊘ Silence

❶ Naluma moaned

❶ Naluma moaned. Luke watched helplessly, biting his lower lip, tears welling in his eyes.

You are one with the Force, the Force is with you. You are one with the Force, the Force is with you. You are one with the Force, the Force is with you. He focused his positive energy into her thoughts when she was lucid enough to benefit, batting down the fears swirling in her mind.

Humph. Wish it was this easy to battle my own fears and doubts.

"Master Skywalker, you'll need to leave the room for the rest of the treatment. We need to irrigate her wound and add three more pins to hold her bones while they heal. We'll suture it with a laser. The procedure produces nausea in 98.6% of humanoid bystanders, and we cannot risk you infecting the operation theater. Sorry, but you must wait out there."

The med droid's voice was cold and clinical, but Luke cheered when he realized that he wouldn't have to watch the procedure. He left but kept a vigil over her with the Force. He wouldn't sleep until he was sure she was safe, out of pain.

Oh, 'Luma.

The next day, Luke returned to the landing pad

The next day, Luke returned to the landing pad. With bags under his eyes, rumpled uniform, and matted hair, he just wanted a hot shower and a fresh uniform.

Jannah and Kallay sat on the ramp with their knees pulled to their chins. The taller girl's arms flailed while she recounted something to the older girl. Kallay caught Luke's glance and rolled her eyes at him.

With a slight shake of his head, he smirked at her. Kallay turned back to Jannah and grabbed her arm to get her attention. Both girls stood to greet their master.