Chapter 84 - Farewell

Playlist:

❶ "Marion's Theme and the Crate"—Raiders of the Lost Ark OST

⊘ Silence

❷ "Holmes and Elizabeth"—Young Sherlock Holmes OST

⊘ Silence

Naluma rolled out of her rack in the officer's quarters she shared with Jannah on Zaxyn

Naluma rolled out of her rack in the officer's quarters she shared with Jannah on Zaxyn. Thud. 

"Ow. What time is it?" Jannah yawned, rubbing her elbow.

"0600."

Weak sunbeams splintered through the bent blinds, giving her enough light to move around the tiny room without tripping. After dressing in a drill instructor's PT uniform, the Jedi headed to the parade grounds while her blonde roommate pulled the covers over her head and rolled over to face the wall.

 After dressing in a drill instructor's PT uniform, the Jedi headed to the parade grounds while her blonde roommate pulled the covers over her head and rolled over to face the wall

When the brisk air bit through her fleece shirt and trousers, Naluma rubbed her hands together and jogged across the base. After reaching the parade grounds, she lowered herself to the dormant grass and initiated her meditation exercises.

Midway through her daily routine, she felt Luke approaching from the barracks. Even at this distance, she could read his emotions in the Force—peace, determination ... and love. That last brought a smile to her face.

His alternate lightsaber swung at his hip as he walked at a clipped pace across the field. His black boots kicked up the dead grass clippings while his face reddened in the crisp air.

❶ Naluma rose as she pursed her lips together in a grimace. "You're leaving now?" she murmured while tilting her head and gazing into his eyes.

Luke nodded, his light-brown hair blowing in the breeze.

She reached up to smooth it. "You could use a haircut."

He pulled her hand down and took her in his arms. 

She luxuriated in the warmth his body provided.

"Stay safe. I have a bad feeling about this."

"Mine or yours?"