Chapter 95 - Miffed Madine

Playlist:

❶ "Krennic's Aspirations"—Rogue One OST

After the Naluma,Jannah, and Tandolleau launched from the Freedom, Luke crawled back intobed for a few hours in his recovery room

After the Naluma,Jannah, and Tandolleau launched from the Freedom, Luke crawled back intobed for a few hours in his recovery room. When he awoke, he found Captain Wedge Antilles monitoring the ship functions via a datapad while sitting in a chair beside his bed.

Wiping the sleep from his eyes and smoothing his hair down the best he could, Luke said, "Wedge. What's up?" His voice cracked with dryness and exhaustion.

The captain looked up from his datapad with a frown. "Madine."

"Yeah," Luke said with a heavy sigh.

"He's demanding to talk to Naluma."

"He can demand all he wants." Luke yawned as he pushed the button to bring his bed upright. "I'll contact him after I've cleaned up. Meet you in the comm shack in a half hour."

Wedge grabbed his arm. "Hey, I can stall him if you want. Tell him no one is available to take his call."

Luke thought about the suggestion for a minute and then winced. "No. I need to deal with him—sooner rather than later. It'll have to be on the secure uplink in the comm shack, though. Just give me a chance to get dressed first. I'm not making this call in my pajamas."

Wedge stood and headed to the door. "I'll send a medtech to help you."

"No, I can manage."

"You sure?"

"Will you get going? I don't need a nursemaid watching over my every movement," Luke said with a scowl.

"Oh, yes, Jedi Master." Wedge cocked his head and shot him a wry smile. "Just don't overdo it. You'll need your energy for this call."

When the hover chair reached the comm shack, Luke stepped out of it and took a few steps to the security chamber

When the hover chair reached the comm shack, Luke stepped out of it and took a few steps to the security chamber. The hexagonal room featured two-way glass, allowing him to see outside the chamber but preventing others from looking in. Not only soundproofed, the chamber was surveillance protected as well.