Chapter 76 - Irresistible Scoundrel

Playlist:

❶ "The Fort Battle"—The Last of the Mohicans OST

⊘ Silence

❷ "Imperial Attack"—A New Hope OST

❸ "Lando's Palace"—The Empire Strikes Back OST

❶ As the next year passed and the First Order rose under the leadership of Supreme Leader Snoke, Leia's duties in the Republic became more vital, and her time with her son was limited to the extreme

❶ As the next year passed and the First Order rose under the leadership of Supreme Leader Snoke, Leia's duties in the Republic became more vital, and her time with her son was limited to the extreme. Han still had not returned, even after two years.

She and the military were the first to recognize that the New Republic leadership was blind to the threat of the First Order rising from the ashes of the Empire. As battles ensued, the Republic lost worlds on the edges of their territory, reports of children stolen and parents enslaved. And the Republic did nothing.

Leia argued in the Senate, "We have to crush this uprising, this First Order

Leia argued in the Senate, "We have to crush this uprising, this First Order. Don't you see, Senators, everything that we have worked for, all the lives that have been sacrificed for this Republic, will have been for nothing if the First Order takes control?"

Senator Luarha from Worrheal said, "The First Order is not that big of a threat. I think you are overreacting, Senator Organa. They aren't the Empire. We will prevail. I move that we begin treaty negotiations with the First Order." His long black hair swished behind him each time he moved his head.

"What about the children stolen? Their parents enslaved?" she asked. "It's not just negotiations, resources, but lives at stake."

Luarha rolled his eyes. "Merely rumors. We have no proof of any of this. My contacts report these systems have left the Republic of their own volition. It is not our policy to interfere with self-determination. We could send inquiries to the First Order. I'm sure they would be amenable to a new treat."

With her hands clutched at her sides, Leia said, "We already have a treaty with them. If they aren't honoring this one, what makes you think they'll honor a new one?" She sat down with a huff, fed up with this stupid bureaucracy. She crossed her arms and stared at the guard by the entrance to avoid glaring at the imbecilic senators.