Chapter 71 - The Military Ball

Playlist:

❶ "Mozart Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major, K. 41"—Murray Perahia

❷ [Choose your own song]

❸ "When You Say Nothing At All"—Alison Krauss and Keith Whitley Radio Mix

❹ [Choose your own song]

⊘ Silence

❺ [Choose your own song]

⊘ Silence

"You  are going to turn some heads tonight

"You are going to turn some heads tonight. You look beautiful," Jannah said, weaving Naluma's hair. She brushed on makeup a tone darker than her skin to accentuate her cheekbones.

"Where did you learn all this?"

"Sh. Don't tell the others, but my mother is the Countess of Zeltros. I've had plenty of opportunity being the only daughter."

"And she let you join the fleet?" Naluma raised her eyebrows. "Jannah, Master Luke needs to know about this. If you ran away ... your mother may be looking for you."

The younger girl dabbed a dusty rose paste onto Naluma's lips. "Not tonight. Tonight is your night."

When Luke came out of the refresher dressed in his formal Jedi robes of embroidered silk, Naluma beamed. With the Padawan hanging around in the main cabin, she spoke via the Force to him. Those look even better on you tonight than they did that first night I was your Padawan.

He blushed and smiled. I don't think I've ever seen anyone more beautiful than you right now. Luke offered his elbow to Naluma, before escorting her to the waiting speeder. Too bad you still have to wear that splint. Maybe one day you'll get to wear this dress without it.

You'll take me dancing?

He nodded. Whatever you want.

Before firing up the speeder, he said, "Kalder, you're in charge. Try not to go wild while we're out tonight."

"Don't worry. We'll be good. You two, have a great time tonight." Kalder laughed and then winked as they pulled away.

" Kalder laughed and then winked as they pulled away