C40. Secret Toast

Pensri POV

I hid my entertainment as I gulp a couple more directly from the champagne bottle.
It was not what I initially planned but all is well by the end of the day.

Ahhhh...This is the life!

I lay down and position myself better as I enjoy the feeling of being able to lounge under the sun.

The person across me though, is motionless still. Still holding his glass but he isn't even drinking it either.

Oh my poor Baramee...He should be used with this kind of happenings already especially now that he is now part of our family. If I were him I'll just take my time to enjoy the view of the beach instead of looking at the direction where we came from. He has nothing to be nervous about.

"Relax Baramee. He won't do whatever you think he would..."

Especially that its you! He won't dare hurt his lovely hubby. But Baramee just chuckles his disbelief while shaking his head.

I just took a minute to look at him straight up. This is indeed a funny sight. As much I like Baramee. I must say he is really stupid and clueless of his power over Forth. I'm not that heartless to blame the fire on him if my son has a heart to hurt even his pinkie.

"I'm not worried about that..."

"Really~?" I asked.
He tilted his head. He is thinking deep.

"Maybe just a little..." He finally admitted.
"But don't you think it's dangerous for him to stay there? There was just a fire and I just think it's not safe for anyone really to be in that room." He said with worried eyes.

"Don't worry about him unlike us who only knew how to prepare food by watching Barefoot Contessa, Forth actually knows the kitchen best." I told him simply.

He look at me in disbelief.
"You watch Barefoot Contessa?"

"No." I said laughingly back at him.
"I just said that...knowing that you had
that kind of look that says you do."

He smiled shyly back at me.
"What do you watch then?"

"Hell's Kitchen." I said with a twinkle in my eyes and that made him laugh.

"No wonder you started a fire."
He simply said as he look back again towards the kitchen's direction. But at least this time he look more at ease.

I look at him again closely. This man is not handsome at first glance. But the more you look at him the more he becomes one.
No wonder Forth is head over heels with him. He is adorably cute, in the most effortless ways.

Although, I must admit I have my doubts about him at first. Anyone who knows Baramee's situation would surely agree that he is after Forth's wealth. It was also my initial thoughts the moment Forth called me the day after he housed Beam and asked me to call off his engagement.

I am supportive and has an open style of parenting, maybe because that's the only way I know to give back to all the time I have not spent with them. However when your son live in with a stranger he just met the day before. Anyone who has the means would absolutely investigate that person's background. However, instead of finding something that would support my fears. I found something that made me like Baramee instead.

Oh well!

At least when Forth ask me to help him with his marriage I have information on hand immediately and I have cleared my doubts that I have no problem with them marrying early. However, my son will surely throw a fit once he knew what I have done.