"I need to go for a run father. My wolf needs out, I will be back as soon as possible. Please take care of Garrick." His father nodded curtly. Einar took one last glance at the pained look of Callan before he turned and paced away into the safer part of the woods.

****

Garrick was unconscious and had lost a lot of blood. Both Garrick and Callan were placed in two separate beds juxtaposed at a handful of distance. Garrick and Callan's parents were besides their boys while the healers were treating the young lads. Though Garrick was in a grave danger than Callan, the situation would soon change because of Garrick's healing power as a wolf. But on the other hand Callan had to endure all the pain for days to come until he is fit to carry out his regular activities. This worried him even more. His leg would prove an obstacle in his training sessions and his father would be disappointed. Once again.

"What's the status lady Odile?" Alpha asked the petite woman with curls who was checking Garrick at the moment.

"Garrick would be fine Alpha. Its Callan I'm worried about."

"What do you mean by that? Please explain yourself."

"Garrick's healing power comes from his wolf, in fact the process has already begun; but Callan has no shifter spirit in him so his recovery is unprecedented. His left foot has been wounded and he has lost a lot of blood, however my concern here is his leg. I fear he might have dislocated his bone or may even have broken it."

Simultaneous gasps of pity and shock ringed the entire room. Mary was in tears the entire time.

"Do everything you can Odile, but make sure the boy is healthy and fine."

"I'll try my best Alpha."

"Justus, Umberto I need to discuss some urgent matters with you. Come with me."

With that the Alpha and his men left the room, leaving behind the boys and the ladies. Lady Odile was the head healer of the entire pack. She served the important people of the clan, but Callan somehow felt uncomfortable near her. He wanted someone who knows him, who could comfort him.

He wanted his friend.

"Lady Odile, could you please inform Aurora about the situation." Callan requested the head healer.

"Of course, my dear boy. In fact Aurora is on her way as we speak. She went to collect some herbs for you."

Aurora was another healer who worked in the pack. But unlike other healers Aurora knew some magic. She was a part witch. She had been always fond of the little boy since his birth. Children of Callan's age were really not interested to be friends with him. Therefore he sought solace in Aurora and confided in her. She had a pleasing and charming personality. When Justus told him that they were shifting base, Callan was upset but at the same time relieved that he would be living in a place where he would be accepted, he could make new friends with other shifters and humans as also he would be near Aurora's house as well. This brought a smile on his face.

Callan was interrupted from his thought process when he heard the Alpha son's voice. He was standing at the door having a conversation with the healer. He slowly entered the room and stole glances at Callan. He then moved on the other side of the room where his friend was sleeping. Callan wanted to thank Einar for saving his life, but he did not know how to broach the subject. Whenever Callan wanted to talk to the boy he either would turn away or make himself busy by doing some random chore. After a while the room became empty except for Einar, Callan and an unconscious Garrick.

"I need to speak to you Einar." Callan took it upon himself to start a conversation. Hearing his name from Callan sent shivers through Einar's body, he was confused but equally delighted nonetheless. He fixated his gaze on Callan.