Chapter 103: Lost Business Opportunity

Cannot Hope said with a sickly sweet smile, "Now that we are free from those hindrances pray tell me why have you come to visit my humble home, Lord Kairos?"

Calling Kairos, 'Lord' is befitting the title that the young boy now have, even if it is not yet official.

Not even for a single moment did Cannot Hope think the boys are visiting to play. As a merchant, reading the body language of another person is only second nature, and it's obvious that these kids came here with other intention than to making merry thus he went straight into the topic.

"We are here for Jim," likewise, Kairos did not mince words.

"I have heard that my son is a good friend of yours. Good, good, the younger generations should hang out together more often," the merchant spoke to Kairos alone, his eyes have already turned into dollar signs, while the rest of his friends are basically ignored. Jones might be a big deal in the cultivators' world, but in his eyes, it is a waste of breath to forge a relationship with him.

"Mister Hope, I will cut to the chase. We are here because Jim is my brother, and I wish for him to be treated in your house as importantly as I see him."

"Of course! He is my son, do you think I would mistreat him?"

"You know what I mean Mister Hope and not just Jim, but his mother as well."

After silently looking into Kairos' eyes for a moment, Mister Hope's face turned dark towards the reproachful look he is receiving from a mere boy.

"Young man. You presume to instruct me in the way I run my family?"

"I do not care for how you run your family. My only concern is my brother here, and if he is unhappy how his mother is treated, I do not mind paying you another visit."

Kairos took out his Trade Federate token and placed it on the table. The token will grant him the full benefits of a core craftsman, but the most important thing is this token is given to him by Grand Elder Feng.

Not giving Kairos face is the same as not giving the Grand Elder due respect.

Within the merchant circles, an elder is a powerful person who controls the levy price from using the services provided by the Trade Federate. Anyone that offended the Grand Elder is in for a world of trouble.

Although Kairos did not know about this, he at least understands that the title of 'Grand Elder' is rather high up for any merchants, and he took a bet that this would suppress the man's arrogance.

Since the beginning, Cannot Hope had not once treated Jim as his own child. In fact, in his mind, earning his next big fortune was more important. He already has more than what he could spend in his lifetime, however since a long time ago the meaning of having money had already disappeared. Instead, it became a game of numbers for him. The more figures he could rake in, the more satisfied he will feel.

Now he awaits his next big challenge, his next investment, and his next incredible feat of overturning the market so that the world may see his success and be awed.

His monthly ledger acts like a scoreboard, telling him how well he did and continuously feeding his ego.

But even though he made all these money, he could not remember the last time he went out and spent them. Anything that is required is purchased by the many butlers and maidservants in the mansion.

His obsession has reached the point where even his family members are no longer important in his eyes. Any person that could provide him with a good avenue to bring in the dough is his best friend while those that couldn't earn him money may be dead for all he cares.