B2, Chapter 17: A Game

Half a day has passed, and the discussions for Jones died down.

Meanwhile, Aisa had been bugging the poor immortal to tell her of another game to play. After much persuasion, Old Ye finally agreed. One would think that after a painful lesson, mistakes wouldn't be repeated, but having spent the good part of an hour re-enacting the life of a carrot, the immortal decided a quick death is preferable.

With a face full of stony resolve and robes still stained with soil from being buried repeatedly through overwhelming violence, Old Ye prepared for his death as he taught Aisa a new game.

It is a game similar to Rock, Scissors, and Paper named Kings and Kingdom.

There are three resources in this game, Gold, Troops, and Thieves. Troops will follow Gold, Thieves will be captured by Troops, and Gold will be taken by Thieves.

Each player starts with twenty resources, indicated by tiny pellets of three different colours to indicate the different resource. The player chooses how many of each type of resource to have, but the sum of all three types must be twenty.

The game is played in an open field, and when a player meets with another player, they must stretch out a hand with at least one pellet and reveal it at the same time.

The winner will take as many resources as he wagered. The one who lost will only lose the amount he offers. In this way, it is possible to show-hand and win all twenty resource in a single round. And in the case of a draw, there will be a rematch until a winner is found.

Through these rules, the players are tested of their movement technique, their stamina, the ability to gather information and to chase down a target they wish to 'battle' against.

Besides these, stuff like allying, trade, persuasion, bullying, or even coercion are encouraged by the game.

From hearing the last part about was enough to make Aisa squealed with delight.

The one who can bully or coerce me hasn't been born yet!

Wyrmy~ Come out, let's play!

*Rawr......*

A lifeless roar responded.

This time, because it requires more players, Aisa dragged the unwilling Land Wyrm into her game, and the three players split up and went into hiding.

The moment the game started, the massive wyrm dashed deep underground, seeking solace from the threats above.

What is a mortal beast compared to an immortal, and a divine one?

Old Ye, however, is born a human, and thus not endowed with any special abilities to pass through the earth like the Land Wyrm. So he decisively bolted after Wyrmy when the game started.

"I don't want to die aloneeeee!" the old man with wispy white hair and dignified features screamed in despair.

The wyrm almost peed its pants in fear, until it realised it had no pants.

Suddenly in their minds, a girlish voice appeared.

BWAHAHAHA! There's no way you can escape Aisa... Give up right now~!! Ehehe!

When Aisa saw their enthusiasm for the game, her eyes widen with delight, and she slowly flew after them like a cat toying with two mice.

Wyrmy~ Stop~!! Old Ye has caught you. Now, show what you're going to use. Hehe!

With large teary eyes, the Land Wyrm finally halted and rolling out its gooey pink tongue it took out five grey coloured rocks. Troops resource.

Old Ye, on the other hand, took out seven black rocks at the same time. Thieves resource.