B2, Chapter 9: Returning to the Mansion (Part 1)

On the tip of a large boulder above a rapid river sat a young boy with tattered and torn clothes.

His robes that are made of cheap, scratchy materials has been dyed brown by his dried blood. All who cast their eyes upon him could see the harshness of the battle that he survived from, but the aura which is flowing out from him is a tranquillity that seemed to harmonise with the vast land he is on.

The others sat quietly nearby as they waited patiently while guarding his meditation. Even the playful Aisa and the twin dragons are still as they rested on the large Land Wyrm.

A filament of energy flew out of the river and dived into Kairos through the crown of his head. It is a concentrated water type Heavenly Energy that was absorbed into him. And then a brown coloured strand of earth energy flowed out of the land.

Moments later, another strand of silver-coloured energy came out of the rock he was sitting upon. A metal elemental heavenly energy.

In this manner, strands of energy came from all around and flew towards him.

As they entered him, his body began strengthening at a rate that is visible to the eyes. Lean muscles developed and hardened, his skin turned clearer by the minute, and his hair that was dull immediately filled with life and shone.

He was so filled with energy that a powerful heat radiated outwards from where he sat, and the very air started to burn. Then as if he couldn't hold all that power within him any longer, Kairos let out a great roar releasing a titanic blast and a domineering shockwave that shook the trees and frightened the fishes out of the river.

Titan Rank, Huang Grade physical strength!

The physical constitution that is thought to belong to those that transcended the mortal flesh.

Those that cast their eyes upon him now saw a delicate and dignified figure. By his presence alone, a powerful yet majestic pressure rolled off him.

After a short moment, the powerful aura dissipated, and to the others, besides the refinement of his looks, he appears to be no different than before.

Others may distinguish a person's cultivation ranking because of one's aura, but it is very difficult to detect one's physical strength by sight.

Also, unlike breaking through a cultivation rank, a physical strengthening will not cause his body to expel the impurities within.

The link to one's cultivation is the amount and purity of Ki within, and that purification process where one experiences are, in fact, the body's way of improving energy conduit within oneself.

Kairos opened his eyes with delight and looked at his friends. It is an incredible feeling to become stronger, and he checked his body thoroughly.

"Seems like most of my wounds have closed up, and the injuries as patching up smoothly."

He is still far from fully recovered. The damage he received from the daggers were actually insubstantial as he had avoided being hit in his weak points. It was the destructive Ki from the double S ranker, the Grand Patriarch of the Hope family that shredded him from within. At one point, everyone even thought that he wouldn't be able to make it.

"Let's move out." He said with renewed strength in his voice.

The others looked at him, surprised. After his breakthrough, it's not surprising that he will feel reinvigorated but after that close brush with death, and the echoes of excruciating pain he had been through still lingering in his mind, it is a surprise that Kairos would not rest.

However, they also know that he wouldn't want to waste time resting, especially when his buddy asked for his help.

Seeing the terrible condition that Jim's mother is in, Kairos knew that time is their greatest enemy right now. He swiftly donned into a new set of robes prepared by his disciples, and they set off towards the Capital city on the Land Wyrm.