Chapter 69: Body tempering

Kairos did not know, but while he was busy with the trade fair for the past two days, the other students had been in heated discussion over the crystal recordings of the exam.

Of all the things that happened during the exam, Kairos' appearance is no doubt the most exciting and discussed conversation.

Because of his exceptional performance and impressive combat abilities, many of the academy's students that have never met him before came up with their own theory behind his background.

Rumours soon spread, giving him an unfounded reputation as the main heir of one of the three greats and credited him as someone who is remarkably humble, dressing as like a commoner to hide his brilliance.

His character and every decision he made on the mock battlefield were picked apart by the public, and before he knew it, he had become the role model for many of them.

One by one the nobles in the school started copying the clothes he wore, dressing up like commoners. For some of them, it's because it will make them seem humble. In their minds, since Kairos who is from one of the three great families could humbly dress as a commoner, why couldn't them? And compared to the three great nobles, who are they?

For the more confident ones, like that boy Kairos met at the school gate, they felt that this was a good tactic indeed. To pretend to be simple commoners at first then shocking everyone with overwhelming abilities and earn praises!

And for the rest of the students, even those that met Kairos, they only dressed as commoners because the other nobles are doing so. The peer pressure in the academy was too powerful, and anyone who does not dress as one of the commoners is criticised for being out of fashion or snobbish. The irony of things was that even those following Calculus started to dress shabbily, looking more and more like how Kairos' group look.

In a fit of anger, Calculus loudly ridiculed everyone in public for dressing like this, but he only earned immediate public resentment. After this incident, not only did the number of followers did not decrease but it spread like wildfire within the school, creating the visual effect that Kairos saw today.

The funny thing about humans is, when there is a spirit of competitiveness in the air, people will try exceedingly hard to outdo the others. When Kairos stepped into the canteen, he noticed with amazement that each student looked shabbier than the last. It is like a gathering of paupers.

Even the principal himself could not predict such a turn of events.

Following that, with his fame rapidly increasing to legendary status, the discussions have started moving into the topic on which great noble family is he from instead.

During the exam, Kairos had only performed single martial art, but after repeatedly scrutinising the secret art that he used, no one was able to recognise it.

However, this had only made the students fall into the deeper belief that Kairos is truly trying to hide his status by not using easily recognisable moves! It is certainly logical that someone with such a high-level secret art should have many other skills available for him to use, but from the beginning of the exam till the end, Kairos has only used a single technique during combat.

After a while of calling it 'Kairos' secret art,' the students finally decided that they should give it a name for convenience sake: The World Breaking Slash (破世斩)

Later on, because many students had thought that this name simply wasn't impressive enough, it eventually became: World Severing Slash (破天灭世斩).

However, this is a name that he will only hear much later.

.....

At a hidden location, far away from the academy. Fifteen guys stood sharply in a file before a sinister looking man.