B2, Chapter 19: Tiny Town

There are still a bunch of questions that Kairos wanted to ask this 'True Lord' person, and although his thoughts could all be heard, he was sent before those questions were answered.

The very next day, having learned all they needed, Kairos and the Snowdrifts gathered by the gates, to begin their descent down the mountain.

To the surprise of many young disciples, most of the elders from the Solitary Blades came out to see them off. Having seen how the immortal behaved was too much of a shock for them. Before the boys arrived, Old Ye was still living like a king amongst them, and even the clan leader could only speak softly in front of him.

Since the boys are going to find his god-son, Yi De couldn't allow them to leave without anything. He gave them several of his personal time-space rings that are filled with items that he thought could be helpful. Most of the items are recovery pills and healing salves, things that they will never have too much off. Thankful for their hospitality, the boys bid them farewell and started to leave.

Old Ye~ Aisa is leaving now. Bye bye!!

"Hold on, what?!" At this moment, the poor immortal is still patiently waiting at the place where the dragon told him. But it appears that he had been completely forgotten.

When he heard that they are about the leave, he flew towards them and hovered in the air. Being forgotten is something that the immortal has often experienced in the past, so it wasn't that he minded. Instead, he has other matters of urgency in mind that he needed to halt them.

"Esteemed one. Young Lord. Old Ye have a message!"

Kairos looked upwards and saw the seriousness in his eyes, then nodded and indicated a place nearby to talk. The others politely stayed away and allowed them the privacy they desired.

"Young Lord, this old one have to apologise that I am unable to follow you on this journey. Any form of exertion would drain my power rapidly. This one will be assimilating the dragon's gift until your return.

Instead, I would like to give you some personal artefacts of mine, to assist you in your mission.... as an exchange of gifts. If you would honour me, please accept it. Though they are incomparable to the fruit of life, this one believes that they may be of help to you."

He handed another time-space ring into Kairos' hands then smiled embarrassedly. He truly felt that his gifts are insignificant when compared to what Aisa had given him. Even if he had scraped together all that belonged to him, it would not be able to match even a thousandth of the fruit. But for Kairos, items from the immortal realm would prove to be extremely advantageous for a long time.

Inside it contains a vast amount of spirit stones of unknown grade. These stones will serve not only as currency but also allows them to increase their cultivation speed. Besides spirit stones, there are a few trinkets and three plants made of precious metals, but the best of them all is the Time-space ring itself. The container's size is far larger than anything Kairos had seen or heard before, as expected of a treasure from the immortal realm.

After going down the mountain, plus another day and half of travel, they finally arrive at Tiny Town. When the place came into view, they realised it was like its namesake.

"Captain, we're here, but what should we do now? There are no clues on how to start finding Jones at all," Edward asked. They have rushed here only knowing that this is one of the suspicious spots.

"We'll start at the adventurer's guild, it's the best place to gather any news is there. But before that, let's get a place to stay."

They asked around, then went to a large tavern that could hold their number and Kairos walked up to the counter. His father stood back, as usual, allowing his son to take the lead. Vouno He arranged this party, therefore